Home

Madden ever problem, LE having more sacks than RE

This is a discussion on Madden ever problem, LE having more sacks than RE within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden ever problem, LE having more sacks than RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The problem is a persistent one in video games in general.

One reason is that it's a lot easier to escape a right end because as a right handed quarterback, you run forward away from the RE, but toward the LE, and to back away from an LE, you're back peddling, and easy to catch.

The other reason is that the blind-side issue real life QBs deal with doesn't exist in Madden, as you have a bird's-eye view of the field.

It's a tough problem to address.
The funny thing is that i get sacked by the RE very often. But my RE never get sacks.

maybe makes the CPU QB less aware of the RE, simulating the "blind" side.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #18
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Just played against MV. Not 1 single sack from RE.

Actually he kept moving to the Right, even if he is left handed.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #19
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Maybe there could be an animation where the QB has to, sort of, glance behind, or react a bit differently when evading the RE, or the DT if it's a stunt, as opposed to the LE. The slight difference in the animation would make it take just a little be longer for the QB to take off when avoiding RE. Of course there would be times when very elusive QBs react like they have eyes in the back of their head because there are players like that in reality.
I don't like this. The animations in this game are already too long to play out, I get trapped in them too much. And that damn hitch that broke the wildcat...that is what this seems like to me.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I don't like this. The animations in this game are already too long to play out, I get trapped in them too much. And that damn hitch that broke the wildcat...that is what this seems like to me.
Well thats a problem with the animations in general, not the idea. Animations shouldn't take to long to play out, and QBs should take longer to react to a defender coming from his blindside, than a defender that's in his line of site.

You don't really have to add an extra animation. It could just take the QB a half a second longer to start moving when a defender is coming from his blindside. That's the only way to really simulate a QB's blind side.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 04-06-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #21
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
That'd be so frustrating. Sorry I understand the point, but I want my guy to move when I move him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #22
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Well thats a problem with the animations in general, not the idea. Animations shouldn't take to long to play out, and QBs should take longer to react to a defender coming from his blindside, than a defender that's in his line of site.

You don't really have to add an extra animation. It could just take the QB a half a second longer to start moving when a defender is coming from his blindside. That's the only way to really simulate a QB's blind side.
Quote:
That'd be so frustrating. Sorry I understand the point, but I want my guy to move when I move him
Yeah I wouldn't want that either. As a user I 'd rather have responsiveness over the realism of not being able to see the entire field. If they were going to do this I'd rather see them bring back the vision cone because I shouldn't be able to see all my receivers at once either. But I don't wanna start an argument over the QB vision cone though.

But I think the lack of a blindside factor for REs isn't really as much a problem in HUM/HUM games as it is in HUM/CPU anyway. The fact that the CPU has no concept of blindside is frustrating because combined with the fact that the CPU feels pressure from the RE as easily as the LE and automatically drifts to the QB's right it makes things that much more difficult for the RE to get sacks.

As someone already posted I think if they decreased the QBs vision raidus on his blindside AND stopped the automatic drift right then this could really help with the problem. I can't begin to judge how easy or difficult this would be to program. Though, it would be cool to hear whether this is something that has been/will be considered or whatever.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 04-07-2011, 01:30 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm sure you want him to make a accurate throw, and would be frustrated if he didn't. I'm sure you'd want your wr to catch the ball, and you would be frustrated if he dropped it. Frustration is part of the game.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 34

For some reason, the path that the RE has to take to get to the Qb seems to be much further...even if im usering him.

When I'm usering a good RE, I can make some noise with him, but I notice that he doesnt turn the corner as aggressively as the LE...cant explain why.

I rarely user them, but the difference is profound.

In NCAA my current DE's are pretty close in sack numbers...6 to 4, through 8 games...but it is weird.

Most of the sacks my RE gets usually come from blitzes, where blocking breaks down, or on broken PA Pass Plays.

I rarely see him whip a LT with a pass rush move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »