View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
Hinchdogg
Rookie

Hinchdogg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM)

STEAMER STEAMED WITH NEW TEAM

SEATTLE - The top pick in the 2010 NHL Draft, Edmonton Oilers goaltender Cleveland Steamer, was not signed to an entry level contract, forcing him to return to Seattle and another season in the WHL. With a handful of goalies already on the roster, one wonders why the Oilers would have made the pick. Steamer was not pleased with the Oilers' decision but has high expectations in what he hopes is his final season in the WHL.
"I really wonder why they wasted a pick on me if they had no intention of making an offer," said Steamer, who hopes Edmonton will wake TF up and cut Martin Gerber from AHL. "This is why the Oilers franchise is a joke and nobody takes them seriously anymore. And they wonder why they have the top pick every year......"
Because the braintrust at EA Sports decided CHL seasons weren't worth tracking during BAGM mode, we can only hope Steamer has a good enough season in Seattle to warrant a contract offer come next year.
But until then, Steamer remains steadfast in his disappointment.
"I mean, if I was in their shoes, I'd just fold the franchise now," he said. "They're obviously headed nowhere (currently), and maybe someday I can help them crawl out from the rock they're living under."
NFL-Seattle Seahawks