View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #27
damonb10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK
But the option you're referring to has nothing to do with playCALLING. It says playBOOK control. That means which person--head coach or coordinator--determines the team's playbook. As you know, it has no effect on a human controlled team, as your playbook is always the one used. My guess is that it either only affects CPU teams or it was actually never implemented. I lean towards never implemented because there seem to be references in the game and elsewhere about acquiring playbooks by hiring coordinators, and as we know that is not the case in the final game.

There are other options on that same screen that fall into the same category--either only apply to computer teams or are not implemented. There is one where you can set your defense to 3-4, 4-3, or 46. Of course this does nothing for your team because your base defense is determined by your playbook. Same thing with the offense one where you can pick power running, west coast, or vertical passing.
I do tend to agree with you about their being unfinished elements of the game with regard to philosophy. However, there have been threads that have shown that choosing different offense styles affects how your coaches will call plays when simulating games. For instance someone had tested and shown that choosing power running would mean that your coaches would tend to call a lot more running plays when simluating.