Home

JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC)

This is a discussion on JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: JOSH- PLAYCALLING (HC/OC/DC)

If what you said was true the if I change it to OC I should get an enitrely new playbook than the one I use. Which doesn't happen, so I still have to say that my assertion seems to be the logical. As was stated before, they wouldn't have a option there that didn't matter, atleast not on purpose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, when you set your defense to 3-4 or 4-3, it does nothing, right? Because your defense is based on your play book. So there are instances of options that do nothing, at least for the human player. There are actually many of them. You can set your GM's trading philosophy etc even though you do the trades manually.

I'm fairly certain play book control means play book control. It says nothing about who is calling plays.

But I don't have any proof of this through testing or anything, so if you find out otherwise, let me know.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK
But the option you're referring to has nothing to do with playCALLING. It says playBOOK control. That means which person--head coach or coordinator--determines the team's playbook. As you know, it has no effect on a human controlled team, as your playbook is always the one used. My guess is that it either only affects CPU teams or it was actually never implemented. I lean towards never implemented because there seem to be references in the game and elsewhere about acquiring playbooks by hiring coordinators, and as we know that is not the case in the final game.

There are other options on that same screen that fall into the same category--either only apply to computer teams or are not implemented. There is one where you can set your defense to 3-4, 4-3, or 46. Of course this does nothing for your team because your base defense is determined by your playbook. Same thing with the offense one where you can pick power running, west coast, or vertical passing.
I do tend to agree with you about their being unfinished elements of the game with regard to philosophy. However, there have been threads that have shown that choosing different offense styles affects how your coaches will call plays when simulating games. For instance someone had tested and shown that choosing power running would mean that your coaches would tend to call a lot more running plays when simluating.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonb10
I do tend to agree with you about their being unfinished elements of the game with regard to philosophy. However, there have been threads that have shown that choosing different offense styles affects how your coaches will call plays when simulating games. For instance someone had tested and shown that choosing power running would mean that your coaches would tend to call a lot more running plays when simluating.
This is also true when asking coach or delegating. When I started as the dolphins they were set to power run and when I delegated my play calling it was majority a run play called. Since I changed it to vertical passing it has been very much the opposite. But this is one instance so I can't be entirely sure. It may well just be that the run plays weren't successful, which they weren't.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #29
Rookie

That is how I assumed it to work as well, but when I played with it a bit I saw no difference in run/pass ratio. It wasn't a scientific test, so I can't say for certain, but that was my experience.

Also, the defensive version of the same option can't possibly work in a similar fashion since your playbook either has 3-4 or 4-3, not both (unless it's Rex Ryan's 46 playbook). That is another factor that leads me to believe it is not functional.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #30
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

If a created playbook has 3-4 and 4-3 it would matter. And it says 'Playbook Control' not 'Playbook' so it would be logical to assume it allows you to pick who CONTROLS the Playbook, which involves playcalling, adding plays, removing plays, etc.

Setting the GM trade philosophy determines how your GM will trade. I noticed this during a draft when I tried to 'Advance to next Pick' and all of a sudden picks were being traded without my consent. So it does matter.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuma
If a created playbook has 3-4 and 4-3 it would matter. And it says 'Playbook Control' not 'Playbook' so it would be logical to assume it allows you to pick who CONTROLS the Playbook, which involves playcalling, adding plays, removing plays, etc.

Setting the GM trade philosophy determines how your GM will trade. I noticed this during a draft when I tried to 'Advance to next Pick' and all of a sudden picks were being traded without my consent. So it does matter.
I suffered from my bloody GM doing horrible trades with my stockpile of picks. I know now not to rush things in the draft and patiently go through all picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 7

FYI, FWIW - when I changed the playbook control to my coordinators and played my most recent game, the coordinators were shown before each play with the playsheet - "calling" the plays in the play selection menu. When I had it set to McCarthy before, he was the one with the playsheet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »