View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Oraeon1224
Pro

OVR: 6
Fixing coaching aggression

I have an interesting idea for finally fixing the CPU defense. Many may not be aware but the main reason deep passes and over the middle passes are so effective against the CPU and why the CPU gets sacks, pressure that feels unrealistic is because the CPU is blitzing 6 or more players a very high percentage of the time. This leaves inadequate defenders for deep passes and leads to big passing plays and yardage and boost sacks.

I have been able to ameliorate this somewhat in past years by using the coaching aggression sliders for defense which I showed do effect in game aggression. Many used my coaching sliders last year. This year I plan on doing minor testing to confirm this still works and then implement the system again. However, I had a new idea.

The main problem with blitzing is that the CPU sends all out blitzes far too often instead of the more controled blitzes. This leads to frankly silly blitzing schemes. I think the CPU calls up a blitz play based on aggression and then randomly selects a blitz. Now we have access to playbooks. If you edit out all the aggressive blitz schemes except maybe 1 this might further improve the defensive play of the CPU.

However, I am not sure if the CPU has a different playbook for each coach or if there are only teh base playbooks.

I am curious if anyone else has any suggestoins about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove