View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #242
AllStarDaDon
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'm 39...grew up watching the NBA in the 1980's. I remember very vividly when Boston won in 84 (I was 12) and then the agony of seeing LA win in 85 (in Boston to boot). Then in 86 the Celtics just destroyed the league. I was actually mad when Sampson hit that crazy turnaround shot in LA to beat the Lakers in the WCF... but I digress.

My reason is this: there are no real distinctions between player types. There's no real low-post play anymore. The game is more athletic, but it seems to have lost the great passing it once had. Plus, it's become, strangely enough, more of a slower paced game.

With the watering down of the college game has come the watering down of the NBA. I grew up on Big East basketball that was by far the greatest basketball in college. Ewing with G'Town...Mullin with St. Johns...Pinckney with Villanova...Douglas/Seikaly of Syracuse...Jerome Lane of Pitt...Dana Barros of BC. And that doesn't include the ACC...

I also attended a game with my son and a few of our friends from church in Orlando to see the Magic and Bobcats. It was the first NBA game I had attended since going to Cleveland (Richfield Coliseum) since 1992. My dad and I would go see the Celtics play the Cavs form 1986-1992. I was stunned at how the game had changed in seeing it live, and that it was more about all the fan-related things than the game itself.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I find the game to be boring today, even from the college end of things. It's watered down and nobody knows how to play in the low-post anymore.
Wow I definitely see, you feel as it's lost it's competitive edge. Who's ya current favorite player if you have one and how often do you still watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn