Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sliders Tutorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Yeah nobody knows. A lot of people here make slider sets and claim it does this or that. Then a week later completely change it. It's a placebo effect for a large part and people seeing what they want to see a lot of the time. That said they do make a difference, just nobody knows exactly how much. You'll see slider sets getting tweaked months from now. It's more art than science. The best you can do is really tweak some of the most blatant issues by cranking related sliders 15 to 25 points. Somebody telling you the game suddenly plays wildly differently because they tweaked some slider from 50 to 55 is probably fooling themselves.
That's a negative outlook - yet I blame EA.

With that said, I created my sliders for my own benefit - and eventually started to see the glaring issues that people would see - be dumbed down slightly. I'm not saying it's a pure fix, I'm not a programmer nor do I have access to EA's code - but we have to work with what we got. If you just go on playing every NCAA title expecting for it to be perfect - it won't be. As long as the company name is EA Sports, and that's the only college football game out there - there will never be a bugless game.

Remember, we are tweaking the game to reduce the amount of times the problematic animations generate. The goal is to make it as simulation as possible - and utilize these (or any) sliders to improve on a, by default, stale college football gameplay experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove