Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #51
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Help me help myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
The fact that ODogg is now the one giving dating/picking up women advice scares the **** out of me and makes me feel rather confident that I can get a damn good girl once I figure out my own **** and get back out there again.

No offense meant, ODogg, either...just saying if you went from where you were when you started that thread to dishing out advice, anyone can do it with the right attitude.
Haha, that's why I hope this guy listens to me and my advice...because I have been single and dateless pretty much since high school but after listening to this David Wygant cat and some fellow OS'ers I'm like a different person with women. I realize about everything I was doing was wrong, acting too desperate, acting like the woman had all the power, thinking I wasn't capable of landing anything but the most homely, pudgy women, etc. Once I changed my attitude the entire scene changed.

No offense to anyone out there but I heard so many lines that did not help at all. Stuff like "it'll happen, just give it time" - well that turned out to be nonsense, it can happen but you can't be completely waiting and not doing anything. Or how about "just be yourself"? That's the kick in the head to someone like myself, if you've been being yourself for years and it hasn't worked, how do you be "more of yourself"??

That "be yourself" thing is the one thing that people would say that I used to really get annoyed by the longer I had no luck. Once I listened to Davids workshop I realized that yes you do be yourself but he tells you how to do it. And also, if by being yourself means doing the wrong thing, you need to be aware of it.

One of the things I mean is that I'm shy but once I get to talking a little I tend to talk and talk and talk. I really think that was a big part of hurting my chances with women. I'd move in and establish a good rapport but then I'd talk too much about myself and just dominate the conversation. One of David's biggest tips about that was to quit thinking of what you're going to say next and instead just go with the flow of the conversation. Don't talk constantly about yourself either, ask a lot of questions of her and let her tell you about herself while throwing in some of your own info.

Example of doing it "wrong":

me: What's your favorite band?
her: Well I like Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots
me: ahh cool, well mines Pink Floyd...blahblahblah

Example of doing it "correctly":

me: What's your favorite band?
her: Well I like Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots
me: ahhh...fan of the 90's grunge scene eh?
her: yes!! omg...blahblahblah

And by all means when she turns around and ASKS you for your favorite band, at that point tell her. If she never asks, you move on. Keep a bit of mystery about yourself and let her know that you're more interested in knowing about her and less about telling her about you. The bottom line is really listen because most men when they talk to women really don't, they just don't listen and if a woman thinks "wow this guy really cares what I think, he's really listening to what I say" well then you're moving up in a major way in her book...
Streaming PC & PS5 games, join me most nights after 6:00pm ET at WWW. KICK.COM/ODOGG

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove