View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
SPTO
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Roger Goodell Convinces Players Where To Sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
If he had come to Buffalo, I don't think he would've had the breakout year he did last year. There's a world of difference between the Bills & Eagles (and I get an up close look at it being a Bills fan in Eagles territory), roster-wise, coaching staff-wise, and organization-wise.
You're probably right but IMO I don't think Vick would've bailed on the situation if he was in Buffalo either. Chan Gailey may not have the players he needs now but he's a million times better than some of the idiots that has coached the team in the last 12 years.

It was probably the best thing for Vick to go to Philly but I don't like the idea that the Commish "strongly" advised him to go to Philly rather than letting him make his choice. Tony Dungy at least seemed to indicate that Buffalo would've been a good place to go until Vick met with Goodell and it became more of "I think Vick would be best served going to Philadelphia under coach Reid".

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker