View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
ZekeRoberts
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Keep AI pass coverage sliders at 50

i also think i saw somewhere that the PCV slider affects what we see as the user in different ways, depending on whether the CPU defender is playing man or zone. someone please correct me if i'm wrong (as this is just my understanding and based on no scientific testing of my own):

Defender in Man with PCV = 0: the biggest "cushion" you could imagine while still called coverage

Defender in Man with PCV = 100: the defender knows not just what flavor gum the receiver is chewing, but also the brand and how long it's been in there (gross)

Defender in Zone with PCV = 0: defender just sort of floating around the area, maybe coming closer to the WR who runs into their area or playing the ball-side of the zone

Defender in Zone with PCV = 100: defender has a very short leash, chained to the center of their zone and only straying from that spot when the QB targets the WR

...so in other words, as a Human QB, i would rather have the CPU PCV slider at 0 if they are in Man (so I would have all sorts of room to make my throw) and 100 if they are in Zone (so I know where the defender is and will be and can pick them apart easier)