View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Great and good things about this game.....

Here's what I like/love about this game:
  • The new improved defense. A lot of people complain about throwing too many INTs, but this hasn't been much of an issue for me. I love how much more difficult the game is.
  • I love my running game. I'm a run-first spread option guy and I'm really loving pretty much the entire running game except for speed options (because my fast QBs are too slow, but this will be fixed) and how the CBs instantly break on the DB (even before the actual handoff) on runs.
  • I really, really, really love the CPU running game. It takes much less drastic sliders to get them to run the ball well. The only improvement I'd like see here is better running ability for spread teams and flex teams. They don't have much success against me, but teams like aOSU, Wisconsin, MSU, and PSU (especially when they've got dominating O-lines) can be extremely difficult to slow down on offense (and I love that).
  • I'm loving the coaching carousel. I don't use it personally (I started as HC of Michigan and plan to stay there forever and ever) but I'm loving seeing the different styles spreading across the country. Some nice examples I've seen is the Miss. St. pb being taken to Texas where they've got the recruiting tools to bring in the horses to make that offense really nasty. Minnesota adopting the flexbone (this is mainly because I play them annually and it's a new style for me to face).
  • I'm loving the custom conference changes (most especially the ability to change them annually). In 2015 I now have 12 team conferences for every BCS conference and I've got midmajor powers BSU, Nevada, Miami (OH), TCU, and UCF all in BCS conferences.
  • I love the gameplay in general. It takes much less drastic sliders to get a great playing game on AA than it did in years past. Also, I think it plays well enough right now that if the patch breaks the game, I could play it like it is now until NCAA '13.
  • I'm really, really loving the custom playbooks. My 1st cpb isn't bugged and I use it all the time, but most (all?) of the others I've created is bugged. When the patch drops and they fix the cpb bugs, I'll love it even more. In years past I always had to settle on a pb. Now, I've got about 25 formations and 375 (or whatever the max is) plays to pick and choose from and it's beyond awesome.
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could think of right now.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings