View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
pdiehm
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: AA Coach Mode (Based on SEC's)

these are working great for my ucla dynasty. I won the BCS my first year mainly because I leaned HARD on Johnathan Franklin (finished 2nd in the Heisman). I easily...easily could have lost 4 games.

I was in the BCS title game vs Mississippi State, and I was dominating the play...but I was only up 8-0. Miss State got a long run from Relf, and then my Saftey bit on a PA and Relf nailed the wide open TE for a TD.

I get a safety and am up 13-8 at the half. the 3rd quarter was very non-eventful, 3 punts each side. the 4th was the same way, until Mississippi State hit me up the gut on a draw for a 73 yard TD run to make it 14-13, they went for 2, and missed it. I get the ball back with 4:12 left, and march down to the 30, and figure, let's call a PA..I did, and sure enough threw an interception. Mississippi State did the right thing..****n, timeout, run, timeout, and on 3rd and long, they passed but it was incomplete.

I got the ball back with 1:47 left, and my first play is a bootleg right, and I hit my TE for 13, then I call a draw to Franklin for 12. For some reason my QB decided to takea sack on 1st down, for a loss of 8...then on 2nd down, I hit Rosario for 11, leaving a 3rd and 7. A WR screen was the call, and it would have worked...but I was tripped up by a diving LB for a gain of 5...4th and 2. I call power right, but Miss State shows blitz, so I audible to slants. Naturally my QB hits the back in the flat for a loss of 4, but a facemask saves my bacon. Next play I run HB slam, and it goes for 27 to the 3...FG with :02 left, and that was it.

My QB's were average that first year...combining for 57%, 2700 yards, 29 TD and 18 INT. My OL WAS AWFUL. Gave up 47 sacks.

I love how these are playing in coach mode. AWR is huge with these.