View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #40
clipperfan811
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K12 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwin7
I don't know if too many people played 2k11 as much as I have this year, and I don't know if too many people played the demo as much as me. I have gotten it in on both. So that's why I can't understand Why this demo feels like 2k11 to people.

No need to point out differences but for those who played the later builds, I can't argue with you, but I strongly disagree with this round table as a whole.
I completely agree with you, I can't even begin to count the hours I put into 2k11 I played it almost every day from Midnight of it's release day till the demo dropped. Now I've been playing the demo every day. The differences are profound but they don't jump out at you because ironically they're changes to the fundamental non-flashy aspects of the game.

The difference in movement is a huge difference, the rebounding, the way the ball reacts, changes to the defensive stance mechanics. Things that probably wouldn't jump out at someone who didn't intimately get to know 2k11.

If the retail makes the demo feel sluggish than I will be one happy gamer come Oct 4.