Old 09-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #31
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NFL License

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
Fan boyism at it's finest. Lol, but, what does it get u besides a dream?? LOL
And of course you have no reasoning behind making the silly statement you made. His point on MLB2K is correct; the MLB series is far from a "joke"; it's a view that's unfortunately perpetrated by less informed posters that keeps that myth going. I'm not the biggest baseball fan, but even I can see it can be argued that while the game isn't as good/well-rounded as The Show, it's good in it's own right. And probably has brought more innovation to videogame baseball this gen. Realtime presentation, innovative 3-man booth commentary, right analog pitching/fielding/hitting, etc. were all things that started in the MLB2K game first. If you read the OS discussion of how the two titles match up, it's easy to see that MLB2K is a viable alternative to those that don't have a PS3. There are some people that prefer MLB2K's gameplay outright. MLB2K had a horrid start this gen, but for the most part it's righted itself (quicker than Madden has). Again, you don't have to take my word for it - look at OS's own comparison of the two titles.

It's often forgotten, but Top Spin 4 is viewed as the best tennis title available by far. And NBA2K11 is arguably the best sports title out there; NBA2K12 may be the best title definitively. Their College Hoops series was far and away viewed as the best college basketball game before NCAA's "decision" to go exclusive ended it's run. And from what I've read it wasn't that 2K's hockey title was so bad, it's simply a small market and can't survive when it's competitor is so dominant. A situation NFL2K was in at one point.

Either way, I just wanted to shoot down the view that 2KSports only makes one good game because it's simply not true. But I'm sure part of the reason many of their titles have excelled is because there is no NFL2K. If there were an NFL2K game, I doubt NBA2K would've ascended/innovated as quickly as it has this generation.

That said, as long as EA is willing to pay more than what the NFL could make from multiple developers this situation will continue to exist. What's their incentive to? It'd seem too cost-prohibitive/risky for any other single developer to take on. It's blasphemy to some, but think about it - the only way I see for this situation to no longer exist is for Madden to fail.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 09-29-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove