View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
shades3370
Rookie

OVR: 0
Shades3370 Heisman Slider set

Hey guys, heres the slider set ive been using over the last few weeks, its given me some incredible games and I hope it'll do the same for ya'll. I've experimented with SECElite's and Matt10's sliders and in many ways this set is based on theirs so i have those guys tons of credit.
I tried to make these as hard as possible while maintaining a high level of realism, meaning that ratings matter. A B team should beat a C team 7 out of 10 times.

Skill Level: Heisman

Quarter Length:
8-10 Depending on how much time you have. I usually go with 8.

Speed:
Fast - I feel that this most accurately reflects the speed of football. Playing on fast gives you less time to think about where you're going with the ball, putting more emphasis on the pre-snap read. Also, routes that take 3-4 seconds to develop in real life (15 yard comebacks, outs, digs and posts) are more accurate time-wise.

Threshold: 0

Penalties:
Offsides: 95
False starts: 100
Holding: 52
Facemask: 60
Offensive P.I: 100
Defensive P.I: 100
KR/PR Interference: 100
Clipping: 52
IG: 100
Roughing the Passer: 52
Roughing the Punter/Kicker: 100

I wanted to make it so that you couldnt constantly try to draw the defense offsides. It can be a pain when you have linemen with low awareness but I feel like this adds to the realism, after all how many times have we watched the same guy false start play after play after... (Im looking at you Doug Free.)

USER/CPU

QB ACC: 5/25 (5/50)

I chose 5 for user QBA because it allows you to lead pass and throw with touch under optimal conditions. Throwing while falling back is generally a disaster (as it should be) and pressure really affects the QB. I've also noticed that with these settings a strong side blitz will disrupt the QB far more than one coming from the weak side.
I use 25 for CPU QBA because you really notice a difference between bad, mediocre and elite qbs. If you put pressure on a bad qb he will throw into coverage. However, if you try to hit Dan Persa with a Cover 3 fire zone he'll slide the line and hit the out route for the first down.

Pass Blocking: 5/0
With double 0's the CPU will get pressure on you with 4 even if you're dropping 6. At 5, two similar lines will generally cancel each other out, this doesnt mean that the D will get pancaked or that youll have 10 seconds to throw every time, instead it creates a good balance, sometimes youll be under fire sometimes no. I feel that this effectively solves the problem with 4 verts that some people complain about, the route may be open but if you dont have time to get the ball there you wont score. Like in real life the offense will have to go to the screen game or 3 step drops against dominant D-lines.

RBA: 45/95
At 40, I feel that the user running back is too sluggish and at 50 an 80 overall back will look like Herschel Walker. 95 may seem like a lot for CPU backs but i feel that its realistic, elite backs will juke, spin and bust through tackles. At 95, you have to change your game plan to deal with elite RB's. You wont be able to sit back in Zone and contain the run game.

WR Catch: 35
This is my happy medium, sometimes you'll have a quarter where guys have butter fingers and other times you'll hang on despite getting de-cleated.

Run Block: 0/30
I've found that with these settings, good running backs (both User and CPU) will typically average 4 to 5 yards a carry.

Pass Coverage: 50
At 50, the secondary plays good, but not invincible coverage. Your play action wheel and post combos will be open vs Cover 2, outs and comebacks will work vs cover 3 and crossing routes will work vs man. Of course this is all assuming that you have time in the pocket.

Pass Rush: 0
Like SECElite3 said, pass rush and pass blocking pretty much balance each other out.

Interceptions: 35 (35/60)

Rush Defense: 0/30 (0/50)

Tackling: 30/10
At anything less than 30, hit stick doesn't really have the same punch. I feel that with these settings, you'll be able to jack people up but since RBA is at 95 you wont get the chance too often.

FGP: 45
FGA:15/30 (
Long field goals are not easy anymore)
PP:45
PA:25/70
KOP:50

I hope you guys like these, please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.

Thanks

Last edited by shades3370; 10-12-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove