Old 10-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
jello1717
All Star

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Flexbone?????/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
You know the play of the front side DE dictates the give or the pull on the option right? If youre trying to use the Flexbone the way it is intended IRL, then yes its extremely hard. You don't have time to read the DE (should be reading the EMOL, but its always DE in this game) and when you do hold "X" to give to the fullback, alot of times your QB keeps it anyway(seems like the reaction in the game is always a half to a full second behind the button press). Blocking on the line and especially on the perimeter are broken too. It would be nice to accurately replicate what GT does on Saturdays this season.
I don't run the flexbone, but I run a run-first spread option attack. It's been my experience that the read guy is (almost?) always the last man in a 3 point stance. In a 4-3/most 3-4s it's the DE. In a 3-4 predator it's the DE or OLB, depending on which what you're running. Against the 2-4-5, it's a DT. Against a 1-5-5, it's the NT. I don't run options (being a spread team and not flexbone) against 5-2 fronts, but on some 5-2 plays, all 5 linemen are down and in some plays, the DEs stand up. I'd bet that when they're all down the read guy is the DE, but when the 2 ends are standing, it's like a DT.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings