View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:05 PM   #44
SPTO
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Will any sport ever have as many fans and revenue as football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
I already admitted that the Olympics and world cup get higher ratings than the Super Bowl, but that doesn't mean that people watch curling, volleyball and soccer outside of these events. What soccer game other than world cup can get even the average NFL regular season game? How can soccer be bigger than the NFL (or even the MLB and NBA) when soccer doesn't pay $100 million contracts and when soccer is never on the front page of ESPN?
Wow you are delusional......

I'm done with this but i'll just say a couple things:

1. Take a look at the highest paid soccer players in the world.They make more money (and GUARANTEED!) than the high priced NFL stars.

2. Um, the EPL, Bundesliga and Serie A gets very good ratings not only in their home countries but throughout the world.

3. Stop being so parochial, just because it's not on the front page of ESPN doesn't mean it's not on the front page of other sites/newspapers/TV shows etc etc etc. There's more to the world than North America.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

Last edited by SPTO; 10-17-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: found a more fitting word than "ethnocentric"