Old 11-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #16
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - Cain Velasquez vs. Junior Dos Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by THQ Tank
The game now has a simulation mode you can turn on/off that will dramatically impact the way fight plays out in a much more authentic fashion. So to your point about 2009, without question.

What you noted about 2010 was also fixed, auto-block, etc.

I don't know if you recall, but I ran 5 surveys for community feedback early on, all of which was heavily implemented in many facets.

I've also hosted 8 gameplay balance/exploit testing sessions here with pro gamers, pro fighting gamers, core UFC players - all of whom have helped improve the game and walked away impressed, especially our core UFC guys a few weeks back.

I've been a Community Manager for 8 years, I will not BS you guys, I mean it when I say, this game is a dramatic improvement over 2009 and 2010 from the inside. The graphics may not look like a 10-year leap, but what sports game does year over year. You're never building a new graphic engine for a sports game, you're refining it year over year. A sports game is not a 1-year game, it's at least a 3-year title.

I am 100% confident UFC 3 will make you feel like 2009 and then some, a lot of some, if that makes any sense at all.

Cheers,
Tank
I know part of your job Tank is to tell us what we want to hear. A marketing strategy of some point. But I will follow that up by saying you are one of the few community managers I trust, so I take your word on it being a improved 2009.

Now on to your post, I am not really concerned with the graphics to be honest. I want the balanced, strategy filled experience of facing guys online. Fearing someone on the ground like Damien Maia and knowing if it goes to the ground I will play hell getting off my back, while guarding from the submission all the time or facing Anthony Pettis's dozens of crazy strikes. Always having to keep the hands up and the danger of his stand up attack.

This is a area 2010 really really lacked in. Ground fighters were at huge disadvantages due to the auto-transition block which stand up fighters would just spam until back to feet without worry of gassing and getting subbed. The game needs to showcase the different styles such as BJJ(Maia), Wrestling(Sonnen), Strikers (Silva, Velasquez), etc. But most importantly it needs to be a strategy filled experience rather than the button mash fest 2010 was.

Now I will ask you one thing in return. Spend little more time on OS and addressing us MMA fans here. We have a good MMA fan base here, while not as huge as some of the sites dedicated to MMA and UFC. We do have a select hardcore group of "realistic" minded gamers which will give great insight into the issues or improvements that need to be made.

Thanks again for the communication Tank

Last edited by Phobia; 11-09-2011 at 02:55 PM.