View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
detroitnr1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Exciting Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
GL with English. He has all the potential in the world but the one time I took him and the contract from hell in my Falcons franchise, he was very underwhelming. The Buccs are in my division and they actually took Morrow so it was Dane vs Jack twice a year every year, and they beat us just about every time.

I've built my current franchise around drafting Morrow late in the 1st round. I've heard of him going early in the 2nd but didn't see it either time I had the English path, so I'm not expecting it this time either.

Hardest I've ever had to think on any draft was when was when I had pick #8 in 2008 and Darren McFadden was -still there-. Now, he'd work great in my system, but I completely didn't need him. HB was like one of only 3 or 4 positions I had competent players in already, but dammit it was McFadden. at #8! If I recall correctly, I did end up trading down to get a 2009 2nd round and the 20th overall in 2008, which I used to pick up Kenny Phillips who I did need. Discipline held out.
The reason I usually go Morrow over English is because you can get him later so you don't have to trade up. RB seems to always be a need for me but maybe that is because I generally trade away the backs on the team I take over.
Advertisements - Register to remove