Home

Exciting Dilemma

This is a discussion on Exciting Dilemma within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Rookie
 
Shaka23's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exciting Dilemma

I've been playing head coach for quite some time but surprisingly I have never done the Jack English draft path. I've heard since day 1 that it's the easiest path and so I have never done it.

In my Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty found HERE and am about to enter the English draft and so I have an exciting dilemma.

I don't want any spoilers or advice as I will make the call myself but it's simply worth mentioning the excitement behind some of the dilemma's you face in HC09. I can wait and see what one of Kelly or Morrow will fall to my in the draft, I can draft Scott late in the draft or I can go crazy, spend too much money and trade up for English. I'm confident I will find my franchise QB here it's just a matter of which one I want.

I shall decide soon.

What other dilemmas have you faced in your HC09 experience that for no reason has caused you to literally think hard on your decision haha?
Shaka23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: Exciting Dilemma

Don't want to be a spoiler but I recommend going after Morrow. In the right system I thinks he's better than English. Just Saying.

Once when I was with the Pats, Jake Long had somehow slipped to me at #7, but so had Run-DMC. I actually wen't out for a walk and thought about it. I just couldn't choose between the two so I drafted McFadden at #7 and traded up for the 8th pick to select Long.
detroitnr1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie
 
Shaka23's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: Exciting Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitnr1
Don't want to be a spoiler but I recommend going after Morrow. In the right system I thinks he's better than English. Just Saying.

Once when I was with the Pats, Jake Long had somehow slipped to me at #7, but so had Run-DMC. I actually wen't out for a walk and thought about it. I just couldn't choose between the two so I drafted McFadden at #7 and traded up for the 8th pick to select Long.
Haha that's one way to do it.

After much thinking I knew I wasn't going to rape the draft and take Scott in the 5th round. It was down to the elite three and something told me to make it interesting, make it a challenge and raise the expectations by taking English first.

I traded up to the 1st pick and took English and his ridiculous contract. Now we have to win. I've financially strapped myself to my Quarterback. We live and die together haha. It just wouldn't be the NFL any other way.

The Cards looked like a real team when they traded out of the 1st, let me take English and got James at #33 anyways... ala 2001 San Diego Chargers with Drew Brees and Michael Vick. Tomlinson/Brees draft day? Jeez Chargers.
Shaka23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2010
Re: Exciting Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka23
Haha that's one way to do it.

After much thinking I knew I wasn't going to rape the draft and take Scott in the 5th round. It was down to the elite three and something told me to make it interesting, make it a challenge and raise the expectations by taking English first.

I traded up to the 1st pick and took English and his ridiculous contract. Now we have to win. I've financially strapped myself to my Quarterback. We live and die together haha. It just wouldn't be the NFL any other way.

The Cards looked like a real team when they traded out of the 1st, let me take English and got James at #33 anyways... ala 2001 San Diego Chargers with Drew Brees and Michael Vick. Tomlinson/Brees draft day? Jeez Chargers.
GL with English. He has all the potential in the world but the one time I took him and the contract from hell in my Falcons franchise, he was very underwhelming. The Buccs are in my division and they actually took Morrow so it was Dane vs Jack twice a year every year, and they beat us just about every time.

I've built my current franchise around drafting Morrow late in the 1st round. I've heard of him going early in the 2nd but didn't see it either time I had the English path, so I'm not expecting it this time either.

Hardest I've ever had to think on any draft was when was when I had pick #8 in 2008 and Darren McFadden was -still there-. Now, he'd work great in my system, but I completely didn't need him. HB was like one of only 3 or 4 positions I had competent players in already, but dammit it was McFadden. at #8! If I recall correctly, I did end up trading down to get a 2009 2nd round and the 20th overall in 2008, which I used to pick up Kenny Phillips who I did need. Discipline held out.

Last edited by Skarecrow; 11-23-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Skarecrow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: Exciting Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
GL with English. He has all the potential in the world but the one time I took him and the contract from hell in my Falcons franchise, he was very underwhelming. The Buccs are in my division and they actually took Morrow so it was Dane vs Jack twice a year every year, and they beat us just about every time.

I've built my current franchise around drafting Morrow late in the 1st round. I've heard of him going early in the 2nd but didn't see it either time I had the English path, so I'm not expecting it this time either.

Hardest I've ever had to think on any draft was when was when I had pick #8 in 2008 and Darren McFadden was -still there-. Now, he'd work great in my system, but I completely didn't need him. HB was like one of only 3 or 4 positions I had competent players in already, but dammit it was McFadden. at #8! If I recall correctly, I did end up trading down to get a 2009 2nd round and the 20th overall in 2008, which I used to pick up Kenny Phillips who I did need. Discipline held out.
The reason I usually go Morrow over English is because you can get him later so you don't have to trade up. RB seems to always be a need for me but maybe that is because I generally trade away the backs on the team I take over.
detroitnr1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: Exciting Dilemma

When I had the English class, I was coming off a superbowl win with the chiefs and QB was the least of my worries. Then Dane Morrow and Kelly James both fell to me at #32. I decided to get Morrow and he led my team to 3 straight undefeated seasons.
Dolph10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Top -