Thread: Ravens Dynasty
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #19
AndyKisBoss
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ravens Dynasty

Biggest game of the year so far! If I wanna keep my job, I gotta show I can consistently beat the Steelers. MNF...leggoo!!

Game starts out with a 3 and out from my guys, and Sam Koch punts it deep. The returner thinks he has space, so he doesn't call the fair catch...then BAM. Big hit and he fumbles, recovered by rookie Craig Steltz! Hellll yeah! But this game started out sooo sloppy. The first play after that fumble, Smith gets sacked and fumbles. Pitt recovers. Guhhhhhh. Steelers turn that into a 30yd FG by Jeff Reed. Also as a side note, wind was deffinetly a factor in this game going at 20mph. Still in the first quarter, and my Ravens drive right down the field with command. We're on the one yard line, and I put McFadden in the FB position and give him the ball. And he fumbles. We lose it. Aaaand I bench him for the rest of the first half. Inexcuseable. The steelers are driving down and I call a blitz on 3rd and medium rushing Big Ben into a bad throw and Suggs is able to step in front and take it away! Turns into a Serna 35yd FG so we all tied up 3-3 in the 2nd. With time ticking down in the 2nd quarter, we get the ball back and Smith hits rookie slot WR DeSean Jackson in the middle of the field and he out runs the safties for a 39yd catch and run TD. Halftime score 10-3. The 3rd quarter can basically be summed up by this: We punt, they miss FG. Jeff Reed missed 3 FG in the 2nd half, all of them rather deep, and the wind played a big factor in that. In the 4th they seem to be mounting a comeback, having a very good drive from their own 1 yard line. But my guys make a critical 3rd down stop and they are forced into a long FG into the wind. Which they miss. Yay. We take it back and finish them off with a 20 yard field goal by Serna (and for some reason I lost rating points for icing the game with a field goal instead of going for the touchdown? I thought that was rather unfair...)

Player of the Game: Terrell Suggs 5tck 2sacks 1int

Other stats: Troy Smith 15/30 218yds 1td 0int, 7rush 41yds
Willis McGahee 8rush 17yds 1rec 15yds
Darren McFadden 9rush 6yds 4rec 36yds 1 fumble lost
Demetrius Williams 3rec 46yds
Derrick Mason 3rec 42yds
DeSean Jackson 3rec 68yds 1td
Ray Lewis 13tck 5 for loss 1pass def.
Jarrett Johnson 6tck 3 for loss 1 sack
Haloti Ngata (first game back from injury) 6tck 3 for loss 1 sack
Kelly Gregg 2tck 1 sack

Defense: 194 pass yds allowed, 1int
76 rush yds allowed 2.7 avg
5 sacks
1 forced fumble

Offensive line: 1 sack given (J. Odgen)

Special teams: 2/2 FG (36,20)
6 punts

Notes: My run game, which is supposed to be the center of our offense, really struggled to get past that tough Pitt front 7. They couldn't find their way through and didn't have many holes to work with. Troy Smith was the most effective rusher of the game. Neither Todd Heap or Marcus Pollard could play in this game, so I only had one active TE on the roster (Wilcox) and he didn't record one catch. Haloti Ngata returned from injury and started at LE while Dre Moore started at RE. Ngata had a very good return with a sack and 3 tackles for losses. Some rookies also stood out in this game. DeSean Jackson recorded his first NFL touchdown reception, and strong saftey Craig Steltz had a fumble recovery on a special team fumble. Ray Lewis, who was held out of practice all week because of health issues, was all over the field recording 13 tackles. RG Chris Chester sprained his elbow in the first half and is out for at least 1 week. Even thought it was pretty sloppy, we managed to eek out this victory and hold Big Ben and Co. to 3 meesly points.

Final Score: Baltimore 13 - Steelers 3

Last edited by AndyKisBoss; 11-25-2011 at 09:45 PM.