Thread: Ravens Dynasty
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #24
AndyKisBoss
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Ravens Dynasty

A quarter of the way through the season, and my guys are 4-0! We take our undefeated streak back to our home turf to take on Vince Young and the Titans!

On our opening possession, we drive successfully down and are able to grab the lead early with a 33yd FG by rookie K Alexis Serna. Our defense played extremely well the first half, and pretty much the whole game, leading the Titans to multiple 3 and outs. The returning Todd Heap catches a 2 yard strike in the middle of the end zone and we extend our lead to 10. No scoring for most of the 2nd quarter, until the Titans finally are able to have some success passing the ball and finish with a 32yd FG from John Hall. Haltime Score 10-3. 2nd half we go, and the Titans aren't giving up without a fight. Vince Young hits Moffitt for a 2 yard strike on 3rd and goal, and we're all tied up ladies and gentlemen! But it would prove not for very long, as we drive down with authority until having to attempt a 46yd FG which Serna drills with ease. My defense plays an outstanding 4th quarter and doesn't let the Titans score at all, and with about 2 minutes left, Serna hits his 3rd FG of the day from 41 yards out and thats all she wrote!

Player of the Game: Ray Lewis 8tck 4 for loss 1 sack 1 pass defl.

Other stats: Troy Smith 18/31 179yds 1td, 6rush 74yds
Darren McFadden 11rush 28yds 2rec 18yds
Willis McGahee 12rush 15yds 3rec 15yds
DeSean Jackson 7rec 83yds
Todd Heap 1rec 2yds 1td
Terrell Suggs 7tck 3for loss 1 sack
Jarrett Johnson 4tck 2 for loss 1 sack
Dwan Edwards 5tck 4for loss 1sack 1FF

Defensive stats: 139 pass yds allowed 1td 0int
10rush yds allowed, 0.4 ypc allowed
1FF
4sacks

Offensive Line: 3 sacks given (Odgen 2 Grubbs 1)

Special Teams: 3/4 FG
4 punts 32.5 avg

Notes: That's two games in a row our defense has really bailed out our offense. We didn't make any mistakes on O, but they still weren't very efficient at all. The combo of the Mc's have racked up 66yds on 40 carries the past 2 weeks combined. Deffinetly something our team will address in next weeks gameplans. DT Kelly Gregg was inactive for this game, due to his very low health status at below 50%. I placed him on the trade block because of this after the game, and hopefully will get an offer before the trade deadline. Dre Moore started in his spot, and Dwan Edwards started at LE. Also, Todd Heap left the game in the 2nd with a hamstring injury. Found out he's out 5-8 weeks, so I placed him on the TB and accepted an offer from Denver claiming their 2009 3rd and 2010 7th picks. This was his 4th time getting injured this season, and I really saw this as a recurring thing. Troy Smith had another very solid game when given the ball, and with no turnovers for the 3rd straight game, he's really turning into a reliable QB for me. Bart Scott and Prescott Burgess (OLB) both left the game with injuries. Burgess looks like he'll be good to go, but Scott's playing status is in jeopardy. Derrick Mason missed this game with a dislocated finger, and is questionable for next weeks game. Rookie DeSean Jackson played very well in his stead, being Smith's top target this game with 7 catches. During the week, had a gamechanger where a player conducted a team meeting and the response was extremely positive, boosting my teams approval ratings. All in all, we are 5-0 and on top of our division, and once our offense plays more efficiently along with our extremely tough defense, we'll be even harder to stop!

Final Score: Baltimore 16 - Tennessee 10