Old 11-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #37
GiantYankee
Pro

GiantYankee's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Coaching Tendencies Tempo & Defensive Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhamTiger
I do have a question/concern about this. I edited all of the coach profiles with these settings (took about 1.5 hours to do it, but some music and beer helped get me through). I finished the first season of my open legacy last night and took a look at some stats before I went to bed. A few things concern me:

1. The highest-scoring team in season 1 was Memphis with 72 ppg. The lowest team was I-forget-who with just under 50 ppg. There were a few teams IRL last year that averaged over 80 ppg, so this seems a bit low.

2. The top-scoring player in the nation was some mid-major guy with 22-23 ppg. Again, this seems way low. Usually there is at least one player scoring almost 30 ppg almost every season.

So my question is, is this normal? Was I not supposed to edit the profiles outside of played games? I'm thinking of changing everyone back and switching the profiles before every game I play to get the played game stats, then switching the coach profile back. Is this correct, or am I supposed to live with the low numbers?
I never did season long testing. I did hours of testing on a game by game basis. That's where I saw improvement. I haven't updated the newer rosters that I have downloaded ad yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can and I will run a couple season sims and report back. Did you set sim for 20 mins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike

Again, if they actually work in the game as well as I'd like to think ... I don't know. Still, I think it's a better foundation than what's been proposed in my humble opinion.
I honestly can't say what's a better foundation or what's not, but I know that these edits have improved the diversity of play between teams. My main concern was that every team seemed to play the same. Please test your theory and post results. I'm up for anything that improves the game.
Michigan Wolverines (11 National Championships)
New York Rangers (4 Stanley Cups)