Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #125
youALREADYknow
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
The playbooks do influence the pace, but the Offensive Tempo coaching slider and possibly the Offensive Awareness slider do as well. If you have a playbook with 100% "quick hit" plays and assign it to two teams, one with Offensive Tempo at 100 and the other at 0, they won't take the same amount of shots despite the plays being run at the same speed. Coaching Shot Location Tendencies, Player Take Shot Tendency and all Player Shot Location Tendencies also influence how quickly a player will take a shot.

I haven't tested enough to feel confident in this, but I think that the Offensive Tempo slider determines how likely a player is to feel "open" and consequently take a shot sooner than if they were "guarded" and the Offensive Awareness slider determines how easily the ball handler can find the open man.

I hope that all 3 platforms don't operate differently this year. In the past, and this year, I've heard that the PC is a port of the 360 version and therefore should operate the same. I assumed it was the same this year, but apparently the 360 and PS3 versions play differently after the patch (can't confirm since I don't have either) and it makes me wonder if the game functions the same under the hood on all 3 platforms. That would be the worst case scenario for communication between roster editors and I doubt it's the case, but I'm not sure.
I've seen Offensive Tempo affect how quickly passes are made but only in Freelance situations. Otherwise, it impacts how quickly shots are taken but does not override the set up passing and dribbling of a Set Play. Set Plays are the same regardless of coach profiles and that's why the custom playbooks are a necessity. Your example of giving a playbook with 100% quick hit plays to a team with Offensive Tempo at 0 would never make real world sense and that's kind of my point. You would give such a playbook to a team with a high Tempo and vice-versa for low Tempo teams. Since most of the game is played out using set plays, the playbook becomes the most important aspect of 2K12 for non-user controlled teams.

Matching the Offensive Tempo slider to teams and coaches actual historical tempo still makes the most sense to me. The only confusion revolves around the vague and often misleading descriptions given to a lot of attributes, sliders, and settings within the game. It would be great if they could provide a list of every area that each slider/setting impacts but I doubt we'll ever get that kind of insight into our sports games since everyone wants to protect their IP.

I also doubt that the 360/PS3 versions are different, but the PC version will be different until the patch comes out. Where did the concept of a different 360/PS3 version come from? That kind of mistake wouldn't be so easily overlooked.
Advertisements - Register to remove