Old 12-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #181
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by instant000
slimm44:

Thanks for clarifying the clutch ratings. I just saw that Lebron's clutch rating was higher than D-Wades, and felt that was unwarranted, as Wade seemed to be a more reliable player in clutch situations.

I do remember that game where Lebron scored all those points to close it out.

I do respect his game. (As they say, stats don't lie.)

I didn't get a chance to watch his game yesterday, but the media reports was that he was finally trying to get a post game (which is well overdue) and will do a lot to prolong his career and make a good use of his distribution skills.

Also, putting good players like James and Wade in the post will get even more consistent performances out of their other teammates.

Also, I'm glad that you stood up for decreasing Kobe's mid-range ratings, which are "over-rated" to say the least.

Still, he's leading the league in scoring in my simulation thus far. Maybe it's a factor of having only one other good scorer on his team, Gasol. There's probably not a way to properly simulate "jack up contested shots" or "don't shoot for two quarters".
I'm going to go back through the ratings whenever REDitor is released. IMO, Bron and Wade's clutch ratings should be about the same, Wade's probably even deserves to be a little higher. I'll probably have them both at either an 85 or 95 when it's all said and done. I've been working on this since September. I'm bound to have some mistakes in there.

Kobe will typically be in the top 5 in scoring in simulations. He shoots a pretty good percentage from the field (around 45%), hits a few 3's a game, gets to the line quite a bit, and takes just about as many shots as anybody else in the league. In yesterday's game, he took right around 25% of LA's shots. That's a very high amount.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove