View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #27
Seymour Scagnetti
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

Unless true aim has been reinstated (I haven't heard anything) then I'm not sure what the big deal is about the new swing mechanic. If you still have an aiming marker then it still feels artificial and let's be honest here, you are swinging a joystick so it's never gonna feel like a real golf swing.

If chipping is improved then that is a welcome addition because it was embarrasingly bad. Difficulty isn't a problem with this game (especially on the more sensitive PS3 controller) and I don't recall hitting 240 yds out of the rough last year. Just don't max out your golfer's abilities and you'll have plenty of challenge offline. And people will still be shooting -30 online like someone mentioned.

The new swing will fun for a couple of days but what is the new game offering that will keep you playing after a week. It looks like the same bland career mode that offers absolutely no customization, the same graphics, another boring play thru Tiger's career mode, a cheap attempt to get you to buy the more expensive addition just to get a green jacket ceremony which is inexcusable not to be offered in the basic game. There is little doubt that you will have to spend over $100 again to get the game and all the DLC courses because they won't allow you to use the TW12 DLC courses that you paid good money for to be used in TW13 even though the graphics are the same.

I'm glad some of you guys are genuinely excited about this but I am seriously underwhelmed and expect the same carnival pins and lack of playoffs or tournament feel which just makes the game dull. You could do alot of shot variations last year so this TSC is not making me excited. It may be good for tempo but for everything else with shot types it will be predetermined before you swing would it not? You could draw or fade the ball last year or put topspin or backspin so they are just presenting the shot choices in a different manner. Instead of using the aiming marker on a golf ball icon you have the ability to move the golfer's feet and you still know exactly where it's gonna go because of the aiming marker. It's still the same end result of what you want the ball to do and predetermined. What is so revolutionary about that? There's only so much you can do when you use a controller anyways. More concentration should have been done on making the game feel alive instead of changing the HUD.

Seriously am I missing something here? Watching the videos they just simply changed the way as to guage the accuracy of your swing. Instead of showing a line of your swing on the ball icon, they just use an arc on the golfer. It may look nicer but there's nothing mind boggling about it.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 01-11-2012 at 02:03 AM.