View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Building a team.

I am not that great on the sticks, so despite my love of defense, I can't justify building a defensive powerhouse. On defense i like to just control a DT and rush the passer or try to stuff the run. When I build a defensive power house, I just can't seem to get any takeaways or defensive scoring. Sure, I can get sacks and stuff the run... but I can do that with a team of unrated players. Instead of beign shut down, my team of defensive all stars still find a way to give up 14+ points over the course of a game on some busted plays.

Then, because I built a defensive power house, I don't have any offensive weapons... or maybe just a QB or HB. Because of a lack of weapons, I can't get much in the way of blocking. I throw inaccurate passes... and when they are on target, my wide open unrated receivers will drop them. This leads to a lot of punts and the occasional FG try. So, over the course of a game I am looking at a final score of 17-10 in a loss.

On the other hand, I can build an offensive juggernaut and put up 45+ points a game and not care in the least if my defense gives up 28+ points. I'm controlling the clock and scoring on most every possession. Forcing just one punt can win the game.

This makes me sad, as I love defense.

Seriously, unless you are god at user controlling a defender, what is the point of selecting an non-defensive linemen for your team? I say non-defensive lineman because the AI is pretty good at generating a pass rush from the DE position by itself. I think the point in picking some of my favorite players like Ronnie Lott are so I can user control him. Under AI control, he is a waste of space on my roster thus far. What do you think? What am I doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove