View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
Alistair
Rookie

OVR: 5
FIFA '13 Wishlist

Sorry if this is premature, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling and see what suggestions and tweaks the OS community had for FIFA '13.

The current edition is the best version yet, however I only ever play offline against friends, so can't really comment on the AI or anything online-related.

One thing I wish EA would include is the ability to sort teams by their rating. When playing against friends, we like to use a broad variety of teams to make it interesting. To keep it even, we use teams with the same star rating. If my friend picks a 3-star team, I'd like to then be able to press a button that would only show me 3-star teams so I could go through and easily pick one I like rather than cycling through every single team and league.

Furthermore, does anyone think team ratings should be allocated out of 100 or even 10? Five stars just doesn't allow enough room to clearly define a team's true to life quality. I understand that teams improve and decline over the course of a year, but allocating a side like Fulham 4 and a half stars is a joke when you compare them to similarly rated teams across Europe that would trounce them if they ever played.

I'd also like to see free kicks made a hell of a lot easier. Of course I don't want to be scoring one every match I play, but I think I have scored one or two in the last couple of years - both right on the edge of the box with elite players. I know they're not easy to nail in real life, but they are scored with far greater regularity than they are in FIFA.

Referee consistency and harshness needs to be looked at. There are two-footed lunges from behind that get away with nothing while borderline fouls where the player is clipped sometimes result in a yellow. It's an absolute crapshoot.

Similarly, I'd like to see some mistakes made by the line judges. As far as I know, every single offside decision is programmed to be correct. Wouldn't it be interesting to score or concede a goal when a player was in an offside position? Sony's baseball game, MLB The Show does a similar thing to great effect. You can choose whether you want balls and strikes called with 100% precision, or whether you want true to life calling (this year's version includes consistent tendencies for certain umpires - amazing)! If people are not happy with inaccurate calls, the option could be turned off, but I think it would be yet another way to make the game more true to life.

While I love the advantage rule, I think it needs some work. Too many times I see the attacking team actually disadvantaged by the call. Perhaps there can be a button the player can push as soon as a foul occurs that automatically stops play for the free kick if they don't wish to play on?

And this final one is not all that important, but thought I'd add it nonetheless. I'd love to see a custom celebration where the player takes his shirt off. This would of course result in a yellow card - just like real life - but it would be great to see (and hilarious if your mate cops a second yellow without even thinking about it).

What do you guys think should be added to FIFA '13?
Advertisements - Register to remove