View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #25
wheelman990
Banned

OVR: 49
And people wonder why we get poor quality games like Madden every year.

Despite the fact there is NBA Jam for casual players, despite the fact there are game sliders and difficulty settings....despite the fact there is a ps move if you really want to get basic, people are always going to assk for simpler controlls. My advice to game devs is to make one sim like game and one arcade title. mixing the two is a horrible idea and will not give you best sales. EA should come out with a new sim football game and let madden be a casual title(just like it is now).

I am getting close to 40 myself and my fingers seam to work just fine. If the day comes where sport games are too complicated for me I will just play the arcade versions or move on. I simply wont expect real gamers to sufer because my fingers dont work like the average gamer. The gaming industry shouldnt evolve around me, and unlike most, I dont expect it to.

Try NFL Blitz its exactly what you are asking for. Try nba 2k on casual mode with shot stick turned off and real % turned on. Turn the mode to "casual". I dont think a game can be any more "casual" friendly then the 2k series if you take the time to look at the option menue. The game can get ultra easy on controlls, and be adjusted to any difficulty you feel comfortable with. How much more casual can it really get? To suggest a 2 button controll system is absolutely crazy. You realize the current controller layout is no more difficult then the 80's sega genesis? There only controllers that were more simple were the nintendo 2 button, atari, colleco vision, and some pc joysticks.....tell me that isnt what your suggestion is.
Advertisements - Register to remove