Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #77
nomo17k
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - More PS Vita Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
I know this is beating a dead horse. But my thought is do habits of handheld gamers really apply to the fanatical following that the show has specifically those that want an authentic feel. I would not argue that most handheld gamers play for shorter period of time. The game may have been targeted for ps3 players who want to pick up an extra game while traveling, but as you can see from one of the posters here, they would not consider playing a playoff game on the vita. Why? because it is lacking that authentic feel (broadcast cut screens)which the show has touted as being closer than ever to watching the real thing on tv. It could work in conjunction with the ps3 version; if that is the intent, then it will be a success. But it likely won’t be a replacement for the ps3 version. That's all I’m saying.
I agree with this and when the opportunity arises to cast a vote on the availability of presentation modes, I will vote for (optional) full presentations.

Of course the devs are smart enough to do marketing research beforehand and their decisions must have been based on the (predicted) usage of Vita users. But there are use cases that might have gone out of their radar... in which case we just remind them that we want certain things......

And from what it looks like from the response here that there aren't many prospective the-Show buyers who would not want full presentation on Vita.