View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #57
lilbiggio
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part 4: Rise Of The Powers That Be

Ted chuckled a little...

Was it funny that as soon as Vincente Padilla entered the game, he knew there was a chance the game would get blown open? After battling all game with Jair Jurrjens pitching magnificently and getting absolutey ZERO run support due to the Braves leaving 8 men in scoring position on base throughout the game.. We were nursing a tied game into the 8th, and the opportunity for the Dodgers to steal one at the end seemed to be pending.

Then Padilla started running from the outfield bullpen and again I must note... Ted chuckled a little.

Once the first two guys got on with a single up the middle, and a double down the 3b line. Runners at third and second. Heyward up. Padilla sucking... and then again as the CPU has done this year... they've decided to take the bat out of Heyward's hand rather than lose to the 2012 MVP.

That's starting to become a rather unfortunate situation by the way.

And just like that... Freeman has done it AGAIN!

And this is what confuses me on the situation. This used to be McCann's role. He used to be the guy batting behind Heyward who'd come in take the heat and burn the pitcher for choosing to not go after Jason. But then... it seems once McCann got his dinero from our front office he has now turned into a shell of himself as he is now in a two season slump.

This after we cut this guy a check for 5 more years at max money before Heyward even got his off the top. You telling me there's 4 more years of this? Damn...

Enter Freddie Freeman. Just as McCann is starting to show signs of taking his money and riding into virtual retirement. It seems that Freddie Freeman is finally, FINALLY, starting to come around. it only took him 3 years. But I must tell you this guy has made me really regret losing Derrek Lee in 2011 every game he has played in. But... if he continues to play at an All Star level it may compensate for McCann becoming less of an offensive threat.

Unfortunately for Freddie, he'll never make it because the all star ballot goes
Quote:
1. Pujols (Lifetime MLB the Show spot it seems)
2. Random HR leader 1B
3. Most deserving guy based on stats.
Freddie Freeman is currently in that #3 range. Unless he was to eat a year supply of Wheaties prior to the season and start smashing the crap out of the ball.. he's always going to be on the outside looking in, unless Pujols opens the door for someone else to get a taste at a All-Star game. As it stands, Freeman is most certainly due for this chance. he's been playing incredible so far.

EDIT-I almost forgot to mention why Ted was so tickled? Because friend, it is common sense that Vincente Padilla is a horrible picture. Maybe he was good in Philly, but his tenure here in Texas had me knowing he was going to give our boys a chance. The Dude sucks and he proved it, giving up 2 hits, a intentional walk, oh... and a first pitch grandslam. That's pretty realistic and pathetic at the sametime IMO

Last edited by lilbiggio; 04-27-2012 at 04:29 PM.