View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #59
lilbiggio
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part 4: Rise Of The Powers That Be

It had been hours since the team had answered the last of the postgame questions from bothersome beat reporters, and had changed out of their gray pants and into casual wear for the bus ride over to LA Century Plaza. As is usually the custom on road trips, the equipment manager makes one last round before signing over the lockeroom for the host team's approval and inspection.

However it was a Friday, and strangely enough although we were a bit behind schedule tonight.. Ted and Josh the Security guard appeared in no hurry. In fact, they sat one folding chair in front of the other, looking perplexed:

Quote:
Ted:
You know, I never thought I'd see it come to this. That son of a bitch is coming after us.
Quote:
Josh the Security Guard
Whaddya mean you didn't think it was coming? Don't act now that you're having some sort of moment of clarity or something like that Mr. Turner. They have sent me letters for the past 5 months. Roberts, the Appeals court.... Private letters, facebook notes.. they've come from all angles Mr. Turner. YOU chose not to act accordingly.
Quote:
Ted:
Well what do you want out of me Son? An apology. A glass of milk and cookies? You want me to just blow this whole thing up just like that? You know if I come forward, we STILL lose it all..
Quote:

Josh the Security Guard:

Quote:
Ted:
I'm not saying I'm playing it slow... I'm just wanting us to play this smart. I know there is a way we can get out of this with you still making a **** load of money. I can still make a load... you can own the team, and we will beat this case. I've... we've.. worked too damn hard for this just for somebody to come up out of nowhere and try to take it back.
Quote:
Josh the Security Guard
That's all I want Ted...
Quote:
Ted:
What's that
Quote:
Josh the Security Guard
I want to know things. I want to know what you know. Understand what you understand. I want to have that reassurance. That faith when I step in the court room... that I'm not stepping in a lions den, but a place where we will have a gameplan. As it stands right now, I'm getting sued. I don't even know who the hell is coming after me.
It's unnerving to get punched in the dark.

Quote:
Ted
That's all? You want to know who's coming after you... I can tell you who this guy is if that's all you want.
Josh the Security Guard actually implied that he wanted to know more legal strategies and planning, but Ted had already started his clever plot device story of who Walily Casillas-Thomas was....

Last edited by lilbiggio; 04-30-2012 at 01:39 PM.