View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #60
lilbiggio
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Ted Turner Memoirs Part 4: Rise Of The Powers That Be

The Powers That Be

In the old days of Atlanta there was a...um a, structure of order you could say within the city. A collection of power and old money. Now when that old money started to dry up and fade away that was new money and the industrial titans of the 70s chance to pour into the city. I was one of those self made men. I created Turner Broadcasting and made millions.

The old money that remained didn't like this, they couldn't stand the fact that there were others like me. People who once weren't fit to eat at the dinnertable with them, now ordering better glasses of wine. Living in far more luxiourious houses, and making old money obsolete. Needless to say Josh, there were clashes every other month. Atlanta was falling apart at the top because we were too damn stubborn to make it work.

Walily Casillas Thomas was an innovator. He created the Powers that Be of Atlanta.

He argued, why have a pissing contest between ourselves when we could instead utilize our monies, our influence, our many different strengths and control so..so much more.

He was such a diplomat too! Hah... the foresight to bridge old and new. Senile and young. WE. CONTROLLED.ATLANTA. Hell.. all of Georgia at one point. He found a way to bring us together. And as a result we began to become a bit too powerful.

It all ran through us... you wanted a favor, you talked to Walily. You wanted to own a piece of land, it went through us. If you so much as opened a lemonade stand on the corner and didn't run it through the Powers that Be, you were a target. And you were quickly dealt with.

I'm ashamed to say that I was a part of this. Sure it netted me even more money. And through control of TBS and CNN I had such a high stake in this alliance. But once I lost it all... I see how quickly they turned on me. How quickly they forgot all that was promised. The only reason they want the Braves back now after we picked them up from dead is because they are now in the prime of their sucess. Which means their influence is at it's peak.

And as you know firsthand Josh, they will kill to meet their goals. They are a ruthless bunch. They can not be taken lightly.. that is why I ask you to go through with this trial on my behalf. It really is for the greater good son if you want us to come out of this true winners and not men who have to fear for their lives the rest of their days.

So who's coming after you? It's the Powers that Be. I have no doubt of this. You can single out Walily Casillas-Thomas if you want, or you can try to pick each one of them out trying to figure out the others. But now that you know they are coming, you should use this as motivation to trust me more than you ever have before. I know how they think because... well I was them. You have just got to trust me on this one son and do as I say without a whole f'n bunch of questions. ok?!

Last edited by lilbiggio; 04-30-2012 at 02:05 PM.