View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #2940
m1j1browning
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

the last thing I'm going to say on the topic is I am a Madden noob, so I guess I don't know the protocol too well. I figured if the AI allowed a trade, it was fair game. If that's not the common consensus I apologise, but I do know sometimes I make the AI offers that are ridiculously bad for me/good for the AI (with no intention of completing the deal) and it rejects them. So you know... I never assumed trading with it was "broken" but if that's the case then yea maybe I screwed up on getting so many picks etc. In addition due to being a noob, I kind of need to have "elite" players. I hear so often how if you're good enough you can play with any QB but I struggled like crazy with Fitzpatrick, no matter what I did. So even if I do end up with an elite team, if anything playing with them for a season or 2 might help me get good enough at the game to start another franchise and play more realistically, and do alright with lesser players. It's all about learning for me. I'm not pretending to be a Madden guru, or pretending that getting those players in the draft makes me some kind of drafting God. I've admitted the method was cheap, but it's my game, and I'm hoping to still keep it challenging via the sliders.

As I said I don't want to fight about it, it's not worth it. If making bad trades with the AI breaks some kind of Madden protocol then as I said I apologise and in future games I'll try and keep it reasonable (although that's hard for me to judge having a limited NFL knowledge) but this discussions gone on enough. I do agree with you arrow, my draft was cheap, I don't think I'd say cheating, and if I did 'cheat' I certainly wasn't aware I was doing it. I've asked for advice throughout my posting here and I'm happy to take this as constructive criticism from you. Hopefully my franchise will continue to be fun and challenging but as I said, if that ever stops happening, I will start over. If it doesn't, then I don't see the harm.