Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #2937
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Another thing to bear in mind with my draft results is I had a detailed draft plan for my 9ers game that I never got to carry out, so essentially a big part of what I did was look for players similar to those I was going to draft in that game, which lessened the work I had to do finding good players because I knew what I wanted, I just had to scout, and find people with similar stats. I'm usually horrible at drafting, but I guess I just got lucky. I used my individual work outs on 1 QB and 4 OLBs, so I knew that there was a 86A and 2 84A OLBs in the draft, and with one projected to go in the 4th-5th round I waited to get him later, and nabbed one of the others in round 1, missing out on the other guy. But anways. I don't want to argue. I agree in some ways it was a cheap method, and unrealistic, but I'm going to have fun with this Franchise either way. If the players get too good I will adjust the sliders to keep my games competitive. I'd rather every game came down to the last play, than be winning or losing every game via blow out. That's my aim. If I end up with a super team I'm not going to pretend it's some kind of epic accomplishment. I just want to have decent, close games, and have fun with it. If it stops being fun, or the games stop being close, whether due to the players I drafted or not, I will stop playing it, and find another way to make the game challenging. I don't want to argue though. It might not be how you play it but does it really matter?

Once the Patriots beat me by 30 points I'm sure any thoughts of my team being over powered will be out the window anyway.

Edit- Woah woah woah... I didn't "look" any players up. How can you do that? Everybody has different rookies don't they? I made my own spreadsheet of players I was interested in. That's surely not cheating? I freely admit though that some of the trades etc may have been cheap, not denying that.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #2938
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Well, the Bears are on their way to Cleveland next week...

Chicago took it to the Steelers and in typical Bears style, they put up 49 points on the vaunted defense. They did give up 30 points and 350+ yards to Roflberger... Not a good sign for a team looking to make a big run in the playoffs.

More details to come... but now that we are 12-2 the season looks like a means to an end...
I can't remember if you mentioned this, but did you get Brandon Marshall?

You need to get the Gibson draft class to replace Urlacher. That would be a great fit.

How's Peppers doing? He seems to hang around for a long time in the game. In mine, I think he played out his Bears contract then I signed him for three more years after that before he retired - all while staying around 85-90 in the later years.

Btw.. checked out NoobTubeTV and it is pretty cool. Nice job.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #2939
Banned

Cre8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
I can't remember if you mentioned this, but did you get Brandon Marshall?

You need to get the Gibson draft class to replace Urlacher. That would be a great fit.

How's Peppers doing? He seems to hang around for a long time in the game. In mine, I think he played out his Bears contract then I signed him for three more years after that before he retired - all while staying around 85-90 in the later years.

Btw.. checked out NoobTubeTV and it is pretty cool. Nice job.
Thanks for the support.

As far as Marshall goes, I didn't make that happen but I did trade Forte for Mike Williams out of Tampa Bay. He has been great for me so far.

Peppers really hasn't been that great for me in all honesty. He is good, but the pass rush is virtually non-exisistent and really annoys me at times.

On the other hand, I did pick up Aaron Curry and made him my LE and he is CLEANING UP!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #2940
Rookie

the last thing I'm going to say on the topic is I am a Madden noob, so I guess I don't know the protocol too well. I figured if the AI allowed a trade, it was fair game. If that's not the common consensus I apologise, but I do know sometimes I make the AI offers that are ridiculously bad for me/good for the AI (with no intention of completing the deal) and it rejects them. So you know... I never assumed trading with it was "broken" but if that's the case then yea maybe I screwed up on getting so many picks etc. In addition due to being a noob, I kind of need to have "elite" players. I hear so often how if you're good enough you can play with any QB but I struggled like crazy with Fitzpatrick, no matter what I did. So even if I do end up with an elite team, if anything playing with them for a season or 2 might help me get good enough at the game to start another franchise and play more realistically, and do alright with lesser players. It's all about learning for me. I'm not pretending to be a Madden guru, or pretending that getting those players in the draft makes me some kind of drafting God. I've admitted the method was cheap, but it's my game, and I'm hoping to still keep it challenging via the sliders.

As I said I don't want to fight about it, it's not worth it. If making bad trades with the AI breaks some kind of Madden protocol then as I said I apologise and in future games I'll try and keep it reasonable (although that's hard for me to judge having a limited NFL knowledge) but this discussions gone on enough. I do agree with you arrow, my draft was cheap, I don't think I'd say cheating, and if I did 'cheat' I certainly wasn't aware I was doing it. I've asked for advice throughout my posting here and I'm happy to take this as constructive criticism from you. Hopefully my franchise will continue to be fun and challenging but as I said, if that ever stops happening, I will start over. If it doesn't, then I don't see the harm.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #2941
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
In general. I'm just trying things out. Is the pass rush thing just an issue on all madden? I don't like to blitz much if i feel I don't have to and if my front four can't get pressure, that won't be fun.
Shiz, I just did the blasphemous and went to all pro just to check it out again, and you can get a much better pass rush at that level. I was using the Vikings and Jared Allen was getting good pressure all game.

I did lower the CPU pass rush though, but in the first game anyway I had a very good experience. Give all pro a try- it gives you more flexibility in terms of points you can add and subtract to get things just right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #2942
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
In general. I'm just trying things out. Is the pass rush thing just an issue on all madden? I don't like to blitz much if i feel I don't have to and if my front four can't get pressure, that won't be fun.

You should check out PGaither 295 combination set. You still get that All-Madden kicking meter and the AI is stronger then All-Pro but it's not stronger then the default All-Madden settings of 75 and under for each USER category. But PG really put in work with the line play with his sliders..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-sliders.html

Like I said earliar the CPUs pass blocking is broken both ways really. It's overpowered with a 4 man rush but they also can't handle the blitz properly and they take a bunch of dumb sacks that turn out to be drive killers. So I had to look for a way to balance it out both ways.. Hopefully the Oline/Dline interaction is much better on 13.. Other then that everything else plays out smooth with my sliders..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-04-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:41 AM   #2943
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1j1browning
the last thing I'm going to say on the topic is I am a Madden noob, so I guess I don't know the protocol too well. I figured if the AI allowed a trade, it was fair game. If that's not the common consensus I apologise, but I do know sometimes I make the AI offers that are ridiculously bad for me/good for the AI (with no intention of completing the deal) and it rejects them. So you know... I never assumed trading with it was "broken" but if that's the case then yea maybe I screwed up on getting so many picks etc. In addition due to being a noob, I kind of need to have "elite" players. I hear so often how if you're good enough you can play with any QB but I struggled like crazy with Fitzpatrick, no matter what I did. So even if I do end up with an elite team, if anything playing with them for a season or 2 might help me get good enough at the game to start another franchise and play more realistically, and do alright with lesser players. It's all about learning for me. I'm not pretending to be a Madden guru, or pretending that getting those players in the draft makes me some kind of drafting God. I've admitted the method was cheap, but it's my game, and I'm hoping to still keep it challenging via the sliders.

As I said I don't want to fight about it, it's not worth it. If making bad trades with the AI breaks some kind of Madden protocol then as I said I apologise and in future games I'll try and keep it reasonable (although that's hard for me to judge having a limited NFL knowledge) but this discussions gone on enough. I do agree with you arrow, my draft was cheap, I don't think I'd say cheating, and if I did 'cheat' I certainly wasn't aware I was doing it. I've asked for advice throughout my posting here and I'm happy to take this as constructive criticism from you. Hopefully my franchise will continue to be fun and challenging but as I said, if that ever stops happening, I will start over. If it doesn't, then I don't see the harm.
Don't worry what he says dude, play how you want to play - it's your game and that is what you bought it for. Doesn't matter if you don't play with extreme realism. It's YOUR franchise so do with it what you will
Old 06-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #2944
Rookie

OVR: 2

Week 3
Ravens (0-2) at Rams (1-1): W 17-16
Notable events
The game was pretty uneventful heading into the 4th quarter. The score was 10-10. Bradford threw an INT in 4th quarter with 7 minutes left. This resulted in the Ravens taking the lead 13-10. On the Rams’ next drive, Bradford threw another INT with 2 minutes left. The team had just about given up hope. The Ravens finished their drive with another FG, taking the lead to 16-10 with 10 seconds left on the clock. They did a short kick off resulting in my TE catching it in the middle of the field and being tackled instantly. With 8 seconds left I called a Hail Mary, with no success. Yet, the clock stopped with 1 second left. So, I called another Hail Mary just to see what happened. Demaryius Thomas was on the left side of the field with two other receivers (being marked by 3 DBs). Bradford lobbed the ball up. It came down just before the end of the TD-zone and Thomas dove for the ball, catching it as he was falling and barely remaining inbounds. That brought it to 16-16, and the FG was kicked through smoothly making it a 17-16 victory all because of a Hail Mary called with 1 second left on the clock! Just….wow!
Offensive MVP
WR Demaryius Thomas 3 Rec for 87 Yards and 2 TDs (duh!)
Defensive MVP
CB Bradley Fletcher 6 Tackles and 1 INT

Coach’s post-game comments
While this was a fantastic win against a superb team, the most valuable thing that the team gained is confidence. The Rams are quickly developing a threatening reputation and, with the defense combining for 10 sacks now (T-3 in the league), opponent QBs should be afraid.

Weekly Spotlight (New feature!)
TE Lance Kendricks is in this week’s spotlight. While he only recorded 5 Rec for 30 Yards against the Ravens, he has consistently displayed good hands and provided a last resort situation for Bradford, particularly on short and longs. No doubt Bradford will be looking for Kendricks much more often throughout the rest of the season.

Week 4
Redskins (1-2) at Rams (2-1): W 22-17
Offensive MVP
WR Demaryius Thomas 6 Rec for 94 Yards and 1 TD
Defensive MVP
LE Chris Long 6 Tackles (2 TFL) and 2 Sacks
Injuries
CB Justin King. He had 2 KR for 112 Yards, all in the first half (one of which created the opportunity for a TD). This is a really big loss, but fortunately he will only be out for 3 weeks (and next week is a bye).

Coach’s post-game comments
Yet again the Rams have a great comeback (it was 17-12 at the start of the 4th quarter). Hopefully this 4th quarter magic can be applied to the entire game as I’m sure the team would prefer to not be playing catch-up.

Weekly Spotlight
WR D Thomas is in the spotlight this week. Over the past 3 weeks, he has racked up a huge 487 Receiving Yards (1st in the league) with an average yards per reception of 25.1 (also 1st in the league). He also has 6 TDs (yet again, 1st in the league). Unfortunately, Danny Amendola, Denario Alexander, and Brandon Gibson have failed to make an impact and are currently sitting in Thomas’ intimi****** shadow.

(Btw I am trying to make my reports more streamlined so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »