Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #2961
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

KB, who is your TE (and ratings)?

In your passing game, are you more of a WR guy, or do you like a good receiving TE/FB/HB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #2962
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsieurginger
KB, who is your TE (and ratings)?

In your passing game, are you more of a WR guy, or do you like a good receiving TE/FB/HB?

TE Starter is Brenden Sullivan, 92 OVR. Key ratings: 86 AWR, 88 CTH, 70 RBS, 61 PBS.

For passing - I like WR, especially the good route runners. I like to run a variety of routes to try to confuse the defense on where to cover. That said, the current offensive book I'm using (custom) puts some focus on the HBs in the passing game, and if they are there, I'll hit them. I'll go the FB now and then as well.

With the HBs, I like to get them out off the line as well, not just out of the backfield. I use the Empty Base formation (a.k.a Raven Empty in the Ravens' O Book) that puts the HB in the weak slot and runs him in a variety of routes. Pistol is in my book too and often that's both #1/#2 HBs out in patterns.

TE is usually a shorter hot route around the middle of the field (by play design - most plays I have put him in slant-hooks, quick outs, quick ins, drag from strong to weak). If I can read the LBs I can see if I can hit him for a quick 6-10 yards. I try to use him to punish blitzing and then try to hit him on a deeper corner/seam/post when I think I can get away with it and keep them from sitting short. If he works open (and I get protection), he can do some damage downfield.

That said, with WR Saunders coming alive and now Jefferson looking like he's for real - a good West Coast offense could emerge. That way the HBs stay on the radar while the quick WR can take something short and maybe make something happen, with an occasional deep shot on 1st down (or 1st and/or 2nd if we are in scoring range or it's 2nd and 3 or 4).

One thing I have to keep in mind with the HBs is that I'm a running game guy at heart. This is especially the case with Reed (90-something OVR, 97 SPD, 99 AGI/ACC/ELU, 96 CAR, 68 CTH) since I have a tendency to want to use him like Ray Rice, but that can wear him out given my fatigue settings, especially on the road. So, sometimes Collins (91 SPD, 99 AGI/ACC, 99 CAR, 75 CTH) sometimes sees more touches receiving as he spells Reed.

One thing I want to do more of is using the FB as a runner. He's such an awesome blocker that I just want him to clear the way, but he's not a bad runner either.

Last edited by KBLover; 06-08-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #2963
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

After leading the Bears to the Super Bowl in 2013 Cre8 has opted out of his final year as the President and GM in Chicago.

The new destination should prove to be extremely difficult, even for this great front office guru.
Jacksonville

The Jaguars were purchased a few years ago by Shad Khan. While he used his money to make a splash his team has fell with a resounding thud. Cre8 has been hired to help this struggling Franchise rebound and he is looking to change many things about the culture in Jacksonville's NFL scene.

"If these fans don't come out to support their team we will move elsewhere. Let it be known that I have spoken with Mr. Khan and he is open to my suggestions."

First order of business...

Take care of a dangerously close salary cap that was blown on players like Matt Roth ($36 million), Marcedes Lewis ($35 Million), Jeremy Mincy ($30 Million) and the coup de gras...

back up QB, Blaine Gabbert has 3 years left on a $30 million deal while last year's #2 pick Clinton Derricotte is signed for $65 million over 4 years...

It could get ugly.
----
Cre8 Terminates Jags Coaching Staff
- The Jags have fired the incompetent Alvin Barber and his cronies.

Jags Hire Mike Tomlin
- The ex-Steelers coach resigned after 2012 to pursue a career in broadcasting and found out quickly that he wasn't happy with it. Now that the Jags are serious about winning they have hired a winner.
- Tomlin has hired London Fletcher on as Defensive Coordinator and Aaron Dembroski as Offensive Coordinator.

Jags Release Big Names... Keep 3rd String QB, Sanchez?
Players Re-Signed
QB, Mark Sancez (2 yrs, $4.25m)
RT, Cameron Bradfield (2 yrs, $3.25m)
MLB, Nate Irving (2 yrs, $1.44m)

Players Released
LT, Eugene Monroe (81 OVR)
LG, Will Rackley (83 OVR)
SS, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (63 OVR)
K, Josh Scobee (87 OVR)
MLB, Barrett Ruud (76 OVR)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Cre8; 06-08-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2964
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
After leading the Bears to the Super Bowl in 2013 Cre8 has opted out of his final year as the President and GM in Chicago.

The new destination should prove to be extremely difficult, even for this great front office guru.
Jacksonville

The Jaguars were purchased a few years ago by Shad Khan. While he used his money to make a splash his team has fell with a resounding thud. Cre8 has been hired to help this struggling Franchise rebound and he is looking to change many things about the culture in Jacksonville's NFL scene.

"If these fans don't come out to support their team we will move elsewhere. Let it be known that I have spoken with Mr. Khan and he is open to my suggestions."

First order of business...

Take care of a dangerously close salary cap that was blown on players like Matt Roth ($36 million), Marcedes Lewis ($35 Million), Jeremy Mincy ($30 Million) and the coup de gras...

back up QB, Blaine Gabbert has 3 years left on a $30 million deal while last year's #2 pick Clinton Derricotte is signed for $65 million over 4 years...

It could get ugly.

Hey Cre have you made any changes to your sliders for this season or is it the same as you have it in the slider forum?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #2965
Banned

Cre8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Hey Cre have you made any changes to your sliders for this season or is it the same as you have it in the slider forum?
Some big changes coming... Trying to get some stuff done this weekend before I jump in.
My students are getting ready to graduate soon, so my gaming has been taking a back seat until the end of this coming week... Then it's on like Donkey Kong!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #2966
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

first game of 2nd yr in franchise browns vs raiders very first play of game and richardson takes it 75 yards to house for early 7-0 lead. raiders get ball and mcfadden is running all over us then there drive stalls @ 15 they settle for fg 7-3 me... i get ball and our drive stalls and we settle for fg 10-3 browns. second quarter start and after a 3 and out for raiders browns ball and richardson cuts threw and around raiders defenders for 40 yard td run 17-3 browns next raiders drive on first and 10 palmer finds a wide open jacoby ford for 73 yard td due to a blown coverage... 17-10 thats the halftime score. raiders recieve ball and go 3 and out browns ball and get drive going weeden finds desean jackson for a 22 yard td. another 3 and out for raiders browns score yet again 31-10... next raiders drive mcfadden finds a hole on left side and is gone 84 yards for raiders td 31-17. palmer finds fasano for 16 yard td that he dragged defenders into the endzone 31-24 raiders... browns get ball back and richardson scores @ 2 minute warning 38-24 and that would be the final. richardson had 24 carries for 185 yards and 4 tds to be named POG, Desean Jackson lead all wr's with 6 catches 1 TD 105 yards ,Travis Benjamin had 4 catches for 98 yards.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #2967
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Indianapolis Colts Season 2

I decided to take a hands-off approach to the offseason and let the computer handle everything. The results were so-so for me. We managed to keep the majority of our key contributors, but we got a handful of garbage rookies that are filling backup roles. I'm hoping that injury bug doesn't take over our team too badly because there's a couple of them that I don't want seeing the field in any shape or form.

Key Losses:
Pierre Garcon (Free Agency)
Old Man Kerry Collins (Retirement)
Adam Vinatieri (Free Agency)

@ Jets L 20-23
Packers L 20-35

I was hoping to open up the season on a positive note, but things in Indianapolis aren't that great so far. After a nail biter of a loss to the New York Jets, Aaron Rogers of the Green Bay Packers lit us up to give us an 0-2 record. Peyton Manning has thrown for a decent amount of yards, but his TD/INT ratio sits at 1:3. That must change quickly if we're going to turn this thing around any time soon.

The bright spot of the team so far has been a rookie WR named George Douglas. He only stands 5'9'' and weighs 177 pounds, but the kid is explosive. Although he's only rated 65, he has 99 speed, 95 acceleration and 98 elusiveness. On his first reception of the season, he broke free from a tackle and made a long run to the endzone. He currently has 178 yards and the lone receiving TD of the year. I'm gonna have fun with this kid.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 06-09-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #2968
Banned

Cre8's Arena

Well, the first game of the season was a nice mirage. The Jags took out the Bengals in Cincy 30-13. The Jacksonville D picked off Andy "Ginger Ninja" Dalton 5 times on the day. The bigger surprise was back-up QB, Mark Sanchez having a decent day as he took over for injured QB, Clinton Derricotte.

Then in game two we faced the Eagles and got STOMPED 48-13 by LeSean McCoy and Co. There isn't much to say outside of the fact that it had me wishing I played Sanchez over Derricotte. Derricotte looks like he was shellshocked in his first game since missing almost all of 2013 with a torn ACL. It might not be a good sign for the Jags as their assumed Franchise QB is looking more and more like a scared little kid out there.

Stay tuned, it might be a lonnnnng season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »