Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #2985
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
I did everything in iMovie. I went on YouTube and found some videos explaining how to do it. If you have access to iMovie and need some help, PM me. I'd be glad to try to help.

Hopefully your other friends can pick up the slack your friend controlling Dallas left, haha.
I don't think I have that iMovie. I'll check it out though and get with you on that..

Well some of my friends haven't played Madden this year.. There schedule has been busy. That's why we are barely going to get it in together now so I'll probably be starting them off with the Red or Blue set until they adjust to the gameplay.. There's no excuse for my friend who uses the Cowboys. He's been playing Madden all year and using my sliders.. He just came over here and embarressed himself. Haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #2986
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Here's my superbowl Highlights from my game against the 15-1 Patriots.. I messed up and advanced to the offseason without getting the stats from my game against them but the score was 30-23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFmLS9EDPQ

The game was tough and tight.. T.Brady takes it down the field with a beautiful drive but the defense steps up and holds them to a FG. We get the ball and put together a nice drive until A.Bradshaw gets blasted by P.Chung and puts the ball on the ground which is recovered by the Patriots. Defense steps on the first play after the turnover when C.Webster comes down with the big pick after T.Brady trys to throw it deep to W.Welker. We do nothing with the ball and give it back to the Patriots with great field position and T.Brady puts together a nice drive with a big 20 yard pass to W.Welker and caps it off with a nice fade route to A.Gonzalez in the back of the endzone. I get the ball and put together a nice drive only to throw a pick to R.Dowling.. Defense steps up and we get the ball back and go on another good drive big receptions from J.Wallace and H.Nicks along with a few good runs from Bradshaw and Campbell. We cap off the drive with an out route to H.Nicks for the score to bring it to 10-7 with 3 mins left before the half. Defense steps up again with a quick 3 and out the first play of the drive Eli hits Nicks on a quick comeback route who then's spins off a few defenders and takes it to the house for the TD right before the half to go up 14-10.

2nd half we get the ball first and Eli hits J.Wallace on a short pass and he gets blasted and fumbles the ball which is recovered by NE with in my territory.. T.Brady hits B.Lloyd on a quick slant. Next play F.Kennedy(Stud rookie RB) gets the ball on a pitch for a good game.. T.Brady then hits S.Ridley on a screen who takes it in for the TD to go up 17-14. We get the ball back and a few plays later I roll out with Eli trying to hit J.Wallace in the flats and the pass gets picked off and returned down to the goaline. Once again the defense steps up big when C.Webster jumps in front of a slant route intended for W.Welker for the INT at the 5 yard line.. First play after that A.Bradshaw gets stuffed in the backfield at the one.. Feeling the pressure in my own endzone I call a pass and hit J.Lowen on a quick slant who takes it the distance for the 99 yard TD catch to go up 21-17 with less then 5 mins to go in the 3rd.. NE gets the ball and put together a nice drive with a big run from F.Kennedy and a couple of catches from W.Welker but the defense tightens up and holds then to another FG to bring the score to 21-20 going into the 4th..

At the start of the 4th we get the ball and do nothing with the ball giving NE a short field after the punt. Defense holds up again while the Patriots boot another FG to take the lead 23-21. First play after the kickoff I pitch it off the A.Bradshaw who takes it down the sideline for the 80 yard TD.. We go for 2 and get sacked. The score now being 27-23 with about 7 mins left... Both teams trade a few punts. I then get the ball and go on a drive milking as much clock as I can and settle for a FG to go up 30-23 with about 1:20 left in the 4th with no Timeouts. T.Brady comes out and hits W.Welker for a quick first down. Next play he hands it off to F.Kennedy for a good gain(AIs logic sometimes SMH). After that T.Brady takes a few shots at the endzone and with my secondary knocking down every pass as time finally expired with the Giants winning there 3rd straigh superbowl.

The Superbowl MVP was C.Webster with his 2 INTs. It should have been H.Nicks or A.Bradshaw who both had big games.. T.Brady had a decent game besides the 2 INTs and the RB F.Kennedy had 100 and something yards rushing on me.. He's a beast..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 06-13-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #2987
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

After watching your video Jarodd,,

The players look wayyyy to bigh for the field.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #2988
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Patient, Methodical Offense Lightens Load on Defense. Bucs Defeat Redskins 34-10

This was one of the most clean games played by the offense in a long time. The defense didn't have much to do since the offense was holding the ball by being masterful on 3rd down and staying in convertible situations all day. Throw in the fact that Gabbert was also on point and the offense just kept slowing putting more and more weight on the Redskins' defense.

The team stayed patient with the run game. Initially, both Reed and Collins had a hard time finding room. Gabbert didn't get into too much of a rhythm early either as the pass rush was still putting pressure on. But over time, the persistence with the running game and the conversion of first downs, even if it led to no points, continued to wear the Redskins down. With the defense tired, the pass rush lost its sting and the Bucs gave up no sacks, keeping Gabbert largely clean.

On the other side, the defense, playing fresh, got after Redskins QB Waksmundzki for much of the game with a relentless pass rush. In all, the Bucs picked up 8 sacks, but give the young QB credit, he didn't make an interception. He did fumble once after not sliding and Gibson held him up so that CB Antonio Cohen could rip the ball out.

"I don't know 'bout the rest of the guys, but I feel like I can play another game. Did we play today? Felt like a bye week almost, " Gibson commented back in the locker room.

Meanwhile, both safeties left the game for the Bucs due to injury. 12th year player, SS Amari Spievey came in and promptly forced a second fumble, recovered by DE Stephen Hosey.

Speaking of Hosey, he had a career game. The defensive end picked up 8 tackles, four sacks and the aforementioned fumble recovery. Hosey lead the team in tackles while Gibson, Smith, and Brown all spread the tackles load around in the 46 scheme, each with at least 6. Gibson also picked up a sack.

Box Score:

Washington Redskins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sep 19, Year 111ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Washington Redskins (0-1)730010
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1)7761434
Team Stats Comparison
WASTAM
Total Offense174432
Rushing Yards59208
Passing Yards115224
First Downs820
Punt Return Yards172
Kick Return Yards6871
Total Yards243575
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion6-15 (40%)11-17 (64%)
4th Down Conversion1-1
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/03/2
Penalties
Posession Time18:3729:23
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGWASTAM
2:06(WAS) Dobbs 8 yd pass from Waksmundzki70
1:14(TAM) Saunders 80 yd pass from Gabbert77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGWASTAM
6:55(TAM) Rucker 1 yd pass from Gabbert714
2:14(WAS) Pekick, 43 yd FG1014
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGWASTAM
7:35(TAM) Vaclav, 29 yd FG1017
2:14(TAM) Vaclav, 20 yd FG1020
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGWASTAM
10:47(TAM) Collins 5 yd run1027
8:41(TAM) Collins 9 yd run1034
Washington Redskins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB Brenden Waksmundzki14/25 (56%)15810
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
HB Albert Watkins9313.40
HB Avery Hammond482.00
QB Brenden Waksmundzki3227.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
HB Albert Watkins5346.80
TE Tony Thomason44611.50
WR Shaaheen Dobbs2147.00
WR Shaynon Price15555.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
FS Ethan Carrick13000
MLB Kyler Glass12000
MLB Brenden Daniel (1 FR)11000
OLB Taran Calloway (2 FF)9000
DE E.J. Sexton7000
CB Rayquez Tubbs6000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Kevin Pekich1/11/1444
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB Blaine Gabbert18/27 (66%)22420
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
HB Easton Reed22974.40
HB Fabian Collins13624.72
FB Chytee Wells8273.30
QB Blaine Gabbert2199.50
HB Demetric Charles133.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
WR Juliaus Saunders614123.51
TE Brenden Sullivan4369.00
WR Emmanuel Jefferson23015.00
HB Fabian Collins263.00
WR Ephraim Wheeler11010.00
WR Letevin Rucker100.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
DE Stephen Hosey (1 FR)8400
OLB Jamarcus Smith70.500
MLB Jaelin Gibson7100
OLB Gerron Brown6000
SS Chauncey Cohen4000
SS Amari Spivey (1 FF)3000
CB Antonio Cohen (1 FF)3000
CB Carlos Cole (1 FR)2000
DE Octavious Banks2100
OLB Dennis Green21.500
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Jaxon Vaclav2/34/41030

Notes: Rookie DE Octvious Banks picked up his first sack of his career. "I should give it to Gibson. He came in, forcing the tackle to deal with him, giving me the edge clean. I just did the easy part, hitting the QB." Injuries again mount for the Bucs...Holliday went down with a dislocated knee cap, out for next week's game, but will return the week after...Return ace CB Branden Smith tore his hamstring and will miss four more weeks... "This is bs, man...they were playing dirty all day on me...I know they scared of me and all but this [crap] is [messed] up, " Smith complained...These two join OLB Barker (Collarbone, 1 week) and G Monroy (Quad, 2 weeks) on the injury list for next week's game against the Giants.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #2989
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I have a question for you guys regarding scouting.

I can never seem to get enough critical info on players to make it through more than four rounds with even a modicum of hard data on players. I think I'm approaching it wrong because my drafts tend to be shallow and I even wind up messing up the first round often.

How do you approach scouting in specific terms? How many guys do you try to really focus on as the scouting sessions narrow, and how do you go about that? I've read the scouting thread but I'm curious what else you all have to add about that.

I'm thinking I may just have to scout the crap out of the first three rounds of potential players and then just accept the fact that rounds 4-7 will be complete rolls of the dice.

Also, how do you approach signing picks? I don't like the idea of signing my 4th round pick to a 4 year contract. I want to be able to cut that dude in the pre-season if he doesn't work out without paying 4 years in penalties. Do you guys lower the contract lengths for later picks or what?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #2990
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I feel like I might be done with this game... Just can't bring myself to finish a game anymore.

A lot of psychic LB/DB stuff and over 18 seasons finished between 3 different franchises.... yeah... Hopefully I find the itch again, but right now I am just enjoying your updates on this thread.

Nice job on the Super Bowl Jarrod!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #2991
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

18 seasons...wow that's commitment. Are you playing every game or simming some?

I always enjoy reading your updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #2992
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
How do you approach scouting in specific terms? How many guys do you try to really focus on as the scouting sessions narrow, and how do you go about that? I've read the scouting thread but I'm curious what else you all have to add about that.
I really don't have much in the way of specifics. I'm just adding guys at positions I feel are of great need (like OL) or maybe physical defenders (DL/LB) in hope of opening up the Hit Power rating.

Quote:
I'm thinking I may just have to scout the crap out of the first three rounds of potential players and then just accept the fact that rounds 4-7 will be complete rolls of the dice.
Usually, I'll stay in the lower rounds, especially since I'm in the lower end of the order. I might try some first round projections if I think I might get lucky or earlier stages show him to be someone I would die for - and hope he's not a top 5/top 10 projection because then he pretty much won't fall.

If I start with the second round, chances are he'll be there unless there's a run on the position (happens lately with LBs in my franchise since there's so few in the league). If I start with the third round, anyone I find will be there.

I tend to focus around 3rd to 5th with a few 1st and 2nds at places of strong need (since I'm likely to draft multiples at that position), and a few 6th and 7ths for "nice to haves" like a 3rd/4th HB, 3rd TE, etc. Maybe find a diamond in the rough to try to develop - or a true diamond, like Hosey was for me - a projected 7th round kid.

Quote:
Also, how do you approach signing picks? I don't like the idea of signing my 4th round pick to a 4 year contract. I want to be able to cut that dude in the pre-season if he doesn't work out without paying 4 years in penalties. Do you guys lower the contract lengths for later picks or what?
It depends. If this is a complete shot in the dark, I"ll likely got 1, maybe 2 years. If I know he's skills set, I'll sign him for 4 since I wouldn't have picked him as a known player if I didn't think he'd help and sometimes you pay for potential.

That said, I rarely cut my just-drafted players, even if he's not the best kid. Preseason is interesting, but seems to play WAAAAAAY different, even with the same sliders so you still don't get a good indication until the real games start. Plus, it's not often a UDFA actually bears out to be better in terms of skill set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »