View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Seymour Scagnetti
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Dexter (Season 7)

I view the show now as an unintentional comedy (albeit a pretty entertaining one at that because those last few episodes of season 6 had me howling at its dedication at throwing any type of logic out the window, that Dexter painting may be one of the classic comedic moments in TV history) but its easier to take as Game of Thrones has somewhat reaffirmed my faith in cable television.

I sure hope they do this right now that they have a definite endpoint. I fear that a lot of season 7 will be soap opera filler as Deb and Dex "explore" their feelings for one another and alot of Deb whining to her shrink that she's hot for her brother the serial killer and why she has a thing for guys who murder people. I still think they wasted a lot of opportunity in not using the season 2 storyline in the final season. That was my favorite season and it was dripping with tension almost every week. But I guess they wanted to write Doakes out of the series and figured that was the easiest way to do it.

By bringing out the Bay Harbour Butcher storyline too early it made people like Quinn and anybody else who suspected Dexter of something nefarious later on in the series look like complete tools because they can't somehow make the connection between Dexter and the BHB. Deb finds out that Dexters brother is a serial killer yet is too dense to figure out that maybe Dexter and the BHB are somehow related. And then she gets a promotion to reward her thickness.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 06-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.