Home

Dexter (Season 7)

This is a discussion on Dexter (Season 7) within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Dexter (Season 7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Now Seymour can have a reason to keep watching!
Seymour is a reminder that there's at least someone more vocal than me regarding the atrocities in film and television.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 24

I view the show now as an unintentional comedy (albeit a pretty entertaining one at that because those last few episodes of season 6 had me howling at its dedication at throwing any type of logic out the window, that Dexter painting may be one of the classic comedic moments in TV history) but its easier to take as Game of Thrones has somewhat reaffirmed my faith in cable television.

I sure hope they do this right now that they have a definite endpoint. I fear that a lot of season 7 will be soap opera filler as Deb and Dex "explore" their feelings for one another and alot of Deb whining to her shrink that she's hot for her brother the serial killer and why she has a thing for guys who murder people. I still think they wasted a lot of opportunity in not using the season 2 storyline in the final season. That was my favorite season and it was dripping with tension almost every week. But I guess they wanted to write Doakes out of the series and figured that was the easiest way to do it.

By bringing out the Bay Harbour Butcher storyline too early it made people like Quinn and anybody else who suspected Dexter of something nefarious later on in the series look like complete tools because they can't somehow make the connection between Dexter and the BHB. Deb finds out that Dexters brother is a serial killer yet is too dense to figure out that maybe Dexter and the BHB are somehow related. And then she gets a promotion to reward her thickness.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 06-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Colin Hanks was the least intimi****** villain since Colonel Klink, but a lot more boring.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 16
The only moment where I enjoyed Hanks as the villain was "hello, wh*re"... Other than that? Barf
Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
The only moment where I enjoyed Hanks as the villain was "hello, wh*re"... Other than that? Barf

i'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Both former Dex lovers Jaime Murray (hot) and Julie Benz (hotter) will costar in the upcoming ScFy series Defiance, based on the CPU game.

The two are friends in real life.
SyFy Show

Last edited by JayBee74; 06-29-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #31
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
The first two minutes (aka Debs reaction) were shown at Comic Con today and are on YouTube to watch.

I'd embed but I'm on my phone. Someone called it, though I obviously don't think the two minutes show the entire reaction. It's gonna be good (except for Seymour and the others who don't like the show much anymore but keep watching).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 16
The first 2 minutes can be found here: http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/07/13...exter-season-7

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »