View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
majesty95
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Blue Dude said it pretty well.

Hopefully Microsoft and Sony have learned from their release on current gen and the uproar from developers. The 360 has already made significant strides. We just need Sony to follow suit.

I've been a Sony supporter for many years and always thought it was the lack of power on the 360 holding the games back. in fact, it was the near rocket science sophistication of the PS3 and the 13 manuals needs to program for it.

Wether we like it or not, these two companies are tied together. All cross platform games face the same issues, making a game that fits as well as possible onto both systems, which are inherently different.

It makes sense that both console manufacturers and EA have learned from their mistakes. I would expect EA to delay the release of next gen Madden ad NCAA if needed to get a more robust game engine to build off of. They know the difficulty they faced with this one, so it would behoove them to start with a better foundation next time.

Also, there won't be near as big of a rush to develop games for this new generation. The gap between current gen and the 720/PS4 will be much less significant than the one we saw from last gen to current gen. Plus, the economy still hasn't rebounded so the amount of people rushing out to upgrade will be lower as well.

I could be wrong and we repeat this cycle all over again, but I would probably bet against that.

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website