View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
homeycool
Rookie

OVR: 5
Madden 13 emphasizing post-launch support

Remember seeing this before the game came out?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/22/ma...date-in-septe/

Quote:
The game's "tuner sets" feature, which was included and hardly used in Madden 12, gives the development team the opportunity to issue small gameplay tweaks without the use of a full title update. EA Tiburon's team plans to "closely monitor community feedback and will quickly release tuners based on any major issues reported." The same can't be said for Madden 12, as its lack of consistent updates became a glaring issue in sports gaming communities such as Pastapadre and OperationSports.

"The team is absolutely committed to post-launch support, and we will make it a point to keep you updated on title updates, tuner sets, roster updates, new Madden Moments Live and more," EA said in a statement to Joystiq. Providing the Madden team sticks to its goals, Madden 13 is likely to receive more post-launch support out of the gate than last year's game had entirely.
I have to admit, they got me. I really thought the post launch support was going to be better this year.

1 month later CCM is still almost unplayable because of the horrendous AI and the numerous frustrating bugs (injuries, auto-subs, playbooks, coach schemes, simulation stats, etc.)

So far all they have updated is gameface, fantasy draft, and post play physics. Not too mention we have not had any information whatsoever on if or when the next patch is coming and what it may have, aside from the generic "We're looking into it" comment.

Am I being too cynical or has the post-launch support been just as bad as it has been in the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove