Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
These are good. Already using something similar, and am getting some good games.

Curious...what the hell does the consistency slider do? It says something about players playing true to attributes.
That's basically what it does. Consistency effects the hot and cold streaks, so with Consistency at 0 you get cold/hot more easily, but also drop out of a streak quickly as well. At 100, you don't really get cold/hot, so players play more true to their attributes.

If you want a little more impact from hot/cold streaks for the AI, just lower the Consistency slider a little ways. Probably to around 75.
Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Okay I played one game using your settings and sliders (used Cheat Engine to lock the sliders and settings) and this is what I noticed:

* The CPU was making more plays for the big men, passing to them if given an opportunity and the big men will play aggressively in the post, which is what I like.

*The game speed feels more fluid like you said

*The CPU is leaving me from the 3-point line most of the time or gives me enough space to shoot it from there. Maybe you can improve the on-ball defense for CPU?

I started to notice that as well. I'm sure raising on-ball D would fix this. I'll take a look and get back to you.

*This has happened atleast 2-4 times in the game (not sure) but as soon as the CPU passes it to the PG from the inbounds, one of the CPU's teammates is open from half court and ends up a cherrypick for them, easy basket.

Strangely, I've never seen this, and I'm not quite sure what sliders would get rid of this problem.

*The CPU's 3 point FG% was horrible in this game, only making 1/13, but this is only one game. Will post more.

I've noticed that the AI does seem to struggle from 3 in some games, but in others it seems like they can't miss. If this continues to be a problem, bump the AI 3PT Shot Success up to 49 or 50.

*I think the slider needs to improve the defense, not much turnovers, steals and blocks on this one game, but the rest of the stats look good.

If you continue to see a lack of blocks and steals, bump up the AI tendencies "Go for On Ball Steals" and "Contest Shots" to 50 and 100, respectively. Also try bumping up the AI "Hands" attribute to 40 and see how that plays for you.

Like I said, this is only one game though, but this is what I noticed so far after playing a game with 12 minutes quarter. I will tell you more after a couple of games.

My response is in your quote.

Thanks for the feedback guys!