Old 11-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #317
Onix24
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Hi guys,

I've been testing this roster with mkharsh's set #2. (The latest updated slider with Take Inside shots and Close shots at 25) I normally choose Raptors as human because I'm most familiar with the players on this team.
I play games against 76ers and Bulls normally for the test purpose each time new slider set is released. I have some expectation for both teams so I try to observe AI's Center and PG behaviour.

Observation 1:
When I play against 76ers. I saw Bynum scoring 26 points from 12/22 FG. I loved it. But please note I had to increase Bynum's stamina to 85 in slimm's roster to make him play for 34 minutes. (11 min quarters for mkharsh slider)

I won the game 85:76... The raptors shot 50% from the field I think that's what got me the win. I play with playvision lite and try to execute plays, less fancy ISO stuff as possible.

Offensive rebounds was bad for me.
CPU grabbed more offensive rebounds in this new slider set but I admit they looked legit in my opinion. Also in this game, Bynum had some nice putbacks and couple of slams so that's OK for me. Total rebound number was very close. 40 for me and 38 for CPU. I did much better than CPU in defensive rebound.

Observation 2:
I played against Bulls. This is little bit tricky. I think I saw Derek Rose driving to the basket just couple of times in the game.

What I'm about to say is just my theory. I think whatever slimm did with his roster greatly improves aggressive CPU attacking behaviour already... It could be the coaching sliders and/or individual player tendencies... it could be anything. Anyway, it does such a wonderful job in calming CPU down, I only see CPU's fast break points being just around 6ish when I play with mkharsh's slider set. This, to me, is a conflict.

So with everything toned down, especially attack the basket set to 0 in mkharsh's set, it's very rare to experience CPU drive ins. When I tried increasing attack the basket to 2 from testing couple of days ago, I saw very good results from D Rose. So I tried a game against 76ers right away and noticed this change made Bynum soft again.

Today I'm going to try a game against Bulls and 76ers again. With attack the basket set to 1. I might make some adjustments to the user shooting abilities to make game bit more challenging but that's independent of how CPU centers and PG will perform.

Also bring down CPU's fatigue rate in mkharsh's slider set from 60. With this roster, I noticed CPU players getting tired bit too fast hence less minutes played for some key guys.

I will give you an update later today.
I totally agree... The problem is that they are both very good at their job and when put together its just to much... Fast brake points are a problem, I also see that CPU only has about 6 FB points... And also user offensive rebounds are quite low ussually araund 4-5 off rebs per game... I have came to the conclusion that you can't use both... Either use the slimm44 roster with other sliders or Makharsh33 sliders with the default roster... That is a big shame... I think that coach profiles need to be default for this combination to work... Gonna try it and report...

Last edited by Onix24; 11-02-2012 at 02:08 PM.