View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #9
RateSports
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: HEADLINE--Does Anyone Even Realize what we have in NFL2K13??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWBlue4
I am not sure what Rate Sports is planning on doing come next June 2013. I am sure we can get a few talented Hex Editor guys (or gals) together and get the game right for the 2013-2014 season. And those people deserve a bit of money for the efforts they put in. Rate Sports changed the names and did the cosmetic stuff, but the ratings are TERRIBLE and need to be re-done, team-by-team.

I am grateful, and I hope we are all grateful for what Rate Sports initially did. Now, we need to keep the game alive by dedicating our time until 2K hopefully makes an NCCA game, cause we known that EA and Madden is nuttin' but "wells without water, clouds carried by a tempest...." and so on. To speak of them is a waste of time. So, I have done seven teams so far and it is tough work, but the game plays GREAT and it is all TRUE sim game players have until 2K Sports drops their next Joint to the public. Have Fun
I think it gets lost that "RateSports" is one guy. A college student. Me.

I am happy you are thankful for the work that I did, and I am grateful for people that are opportunistic and optimistic regarding APF 2K8 and 2K Sports in general.

What many people, if not all, do not truly understand is the complexity of doing the entire NFL in a game that is severely limited.

Limited not just by teams, but by actual codes inputted into the Hex Editor. It took over 2 years for myself, and my previous partner who worked on the first iteration (NFL 2K12) to even get the name problems sorted out due to extremely limited space.

Doing the first 15 or so teams can be done in a matter of days to potential weeks. Doing the LAST 9 teams, plus additional 8 teams, all while simultaneously updating all 8 files, takes months and months and months. Not to mention offering head to head files which are an additional 8 files on top.

Just to update one player for example from my previous file, these are the steps :

1.) Update name in the base file
2.) Update player ratings, abilities, dimensions (height/weight/etc.)
3.) Re-Hash/Re-Sign for in-game use

Repeat these 3 steps 16 times.

Total of 48 steps for one update.

Even if you have all updates ready, you must copy 3 sections of code that are a few million characters long, save them in a .txt document, then transfer them over top of each 16 files.

Still totaling 48 steps.

These updates are ENORMOUS tasks that done by one individual, is almost impossible. Even with a team of 3 or 4 highly talented Hex Editors with knowledge of all locations, would take serious, serious time.

Last edited by RateSports; 11-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.