View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #38
picker19
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: I don't understand Production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I am playing as the Patriots but did a 2008 off-season draft so my players are not all top notch, especially defensive backs. I could have signed Asomugha in free agency but decided not to go for his 5-year 35+ million.

I've been playing Madden football games for years, but I never complained about it as much as I have about HC 09. The reason is I really love this concept and wish it could have been taken to a higher level. In short, I am not interested in making the game any harder than it is. I will deal with the run game scenario and complain here

I read the engine used in this game is from Madden 08. The thing I would most like to change is the running game, but not if it makes the game more difficult.

I looked at someone's slider thread and was surprised to say the least when it started as "For those of you who read my earlier thread on sliders, you know that based on extensive research, I've determined that the sliders are indeed broken."

Now, of course there was more he said, but the point is well taken and I'm done with sliders.
Cavicchi, I was the one was stated the sliders are broken, and they are, because they do not work as they should. In other words, if you lower USER offensive sliders, they don't do anything. Yet change the CPU offensive sliders and they impact both USER and CPU. That being said, the sliders do something, so you can at least set the sliders to a level that might work for you, despite there not being a perfect set. Everyone's got their own idea of what feels real or is fun to them. If you read my very long-winded thread, you'll see that I personally have found that the USER and CPU D sliders should not be matched, and there are lots of different combinations you can try out to find a balance that works for you. Thedudescrew is still using my original 40/20 set, MRS started with my original 40/20 set and then came up with his own version, and I'm playing with a new version myself, but all variations are based on the same principles that I posted. Others swear by ebongreen's. And chiguyinthedesert (who may be Byron himself under a new alias), is very much in love with Byron's sliders.

The bottom line is you'll never find a set that does it all. Trust me, I've wasted so many hours trying to "crack the code" and figure out how to balance the game out, but the sliders are so screwy that it's impossible. You may find a set that works great for a year or two, but there are just too many variables and modifiers to this game to find one set that works for all conditions, all the time. My only advice is avoid the default sliders and take some time to try out some of the sliders folks have posted here. Hopefully, you'll find a set that is at least playable for you.