View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #77
jattnanga
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Just played Game 1 of an OFFLINE Association w/ Jwill's sliders (the latest set exactly as posted). Here's how it went down....

Stat - SAC (cpu)…………MIN (human)
FG - 42/86 - 48%………41/86 - 47%
3PT - 6/19 - 31%………..9/25 - 36%
FT - 19/23 - 82%………..24/28 - 85%
PIP - 56 …………..……..52
Fouls - 21……………..…19

SAC - 109
MIN - 115

Overall the game felt good. I was down all game but really had to up the tempo in the 4th to come back. The game was definitely on the high scoring side, but this wasn’t exactly a matchup of two top tier defenses here.

I played a little faster than I usually do to keep pace because my D was not locking down the paint at all in the first half (SAC shot 54% in the 1st half). This was due to the defensive pressure setting in the coach profile being too high and SENSELESS gambling by my guys leading to layups. I also gave up too much dribble penetration because i was not willing enough to provide help to the on ball defender. in the NBA, a 1-on-1 situation is just asking for a bucket. You have to bring help or at least SHOW help to deter the drive. Once I made some adjustments, my defensive game was much better.

I really enjoyed the experience on defense, it was a challenge trying to contain tyreke evans attacking the basket, if I left barea on an island with him - he got eaten up, but when I switched kirilenko on to him and looked to help off one of the shooters and manually attempt to rotate, I faired much better. I really liked the life-like coaching decision of “picking your poison” that this gave me.

Rebounding was a real concern coming in b/c it has been historically difficult to rebound with k-love in 2k games due to his lack of hops, but these sliders allowed him to get the rebound each time I boxed out (unless of course one of my teammates skied over me - part of realism i guess haha). I gave up a couple down there but it was because I was late to icon switch to him and box out due to def rotation, quick shot, etc.

All in all, I really enjoyed the flow of the game. I have no real places where I would need to adjust anything just yet.

Thank you for your work. A job very well done.

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson

Last edited by jattnanga; 12-01-2012 at 06:42 AM.