View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
Skarecrow
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tarver or Bomani?

I bet it's Brady's price, as other teams take salary into account on trades.

I remember noticing that way back when I first got the game and I found out about doing the antonio gates/tony gonzalez "switch-TE-to-FB then trade for then switch back to TE and trade away" trick to rack up 1st round draft picks during the 2008 off-season. One of them (I forget which) has a 1m/year contract and the other has a 4m/year contract. one of them is a lot easier to find interested teams than the other.

I'm guessing few teams wanted to blow 8m (or had 8m available to them) on Brady.

Or it's possible (especially in the english path) that while several teams may have had 8m in cap space open, many of those teams were already perfectly happy with their QB, and of the few that were interested in someone like brady, none of them could afford thim.

I've seen non-interest in big ovl players several times, and it's usually either a matter of price, personality of the player, or a glut of talent at that position in the league.

As for stewart and hb philosophy, I'm not even sure what I've got it set to right now. I think it's workhorse, which was my original plan for this franchise, but it's morphed away from that and I may be better off setting it to balanced or receiving.