Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
seanjeezy
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I hope better scouting research has been done for pitchers this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think there has been some attention to this paid at the minors level for generated players. Few generated players have crazy assortments of pitches.

And there might be a chance that SCEA paid more attention to this pitch repertoire issue given that one of the major game review outlet (ESPN?) did criticize MLB 12 for not getting them right for even more prominent players.
Well they did take suggestions and incorporate them into later roster updates, but like those two were saying, why is this even necessary? The game should ship with as accurate as possible rosters and it doesn't. When I did pitch edits this year there wasn't a single pitcher that I didn't have to make changes to, with most needing multiple edits.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend SCEA copying/pasting straight from pitch f/x since the algorithm has its quirks, and I doubt they would assign a valuable team member to dedicate ~1-2 months to compile and input the data (although it would probably take less since the devs are using computers to edit rosters), so why not outsource it (for free I might add) and add it to later roster updates?