Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #1158
JasonWilliams55
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
And to the poster above about raising sliders above 50 - sometimes you have to do that in order to get the CHALLENGE you need. The longer you play 2K basketball (or any other sports video game) the better you get. I've been playing these games for years - the only way to get the simulated-challenge is to raise certain sliders, some significantly... It's a moot point for me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So raising difficulty doesn't do anything? But all in all, only thing that matters is that you have a good time playing the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Not sure what you mean by this comment - but what I know is that the sliders create a simulation experience. sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but the numbers always look really good. I don't really care what happens in-game...it has no bearing on the outcome. appreciate you sharing what you did, and i had read that several weeks ago... but in all my testing it did nothing to the outcome, so like i said, it's a moot point. take care...
You stated that the only way to increase difficulty is to raise sliders, I asked why not raise the difficulty (All-Star, SS, HOF) instead.

Also the game engine supplies the simulation experience not your sliders. The game engine is built to have outcomes similar to NBA statistics, sliders are only for tweaking without breaking the engine (which in reality all it {sliders} does is alter ratings/tendencies of the rosters).

You don't care what happens in-game and it has no bearing on the outcome of a game? This makes no sense to me. In all your testing it did nothing, what did nothing? Care to elaborate on what you meant?

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 01-03-2013 at 08:53 PM.