View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
puja21
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Difficulty Spikes

Maybe "scripted" is too strong of a word ~ clearly I'm not talking about 100% fixed events. I mean a series of similar and extremely unlikely occurrences that repeat AND are all strung together. For me at least, it's not a problem if the intelligence is reading my style~ that would be addressed in my last points as "acceptable ways to lose"

Rather, what I am specifically addressing is CPU behavior (either opposing team OR my players I am not controlling) that is unrealistic in terms of physics or player ratings... something that is outside the bounds of what I would deem fair, since a human player has no means to control it/repeat it

this could mean a player exceeding/dipping below his ratings dramatically like the Dunleavy example above or Nash running down and blocking a Rondo dunk. It could also mean animations that seemingly "break the physics engine" e.g. clipping goes away on rebounding (also the Duleavy example again), Jamison sliding over faster than any player can move w/o moving feet on help def, me physically not being able to move a player because of "molasses shoes"

These are "scripted events" to me because they continually happen, no matter what the two teams' variance is in ratings OR what style you play. It also seems to drive towards keeping the game level/close. I'm fine with getting caught throwing the same pass ten times or anything that can be explained by VIP/profile tracking

This is different in my opinion, however.